Tight Groove (clip) [TSE X50, PodFarm, SD2.0]

hypotc

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
this groove is tiiiiiiight, I dig it alot. guitars sound pretty good too! good work man ! the drum sounds pretty good aswell, thought I would add more click to the kick, but that's a personal thing :)

simulclass83

Reaction score
How do you achieve the staccato rhythm sound that tight and choppy in the beginning?

hypotc

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everybody! If anyone has any tips on how to improve the mix, please share your thoughts! :)

my guess is he probably cuts out the last bits of said note when mixing

That's right, I do some manual gating in Cubase! :b

edit: I do not chop off the notes to gate, i chop off the noise between my playing, to remove unwanted hiss etc.

hypotc

Reaction score
dude i like this a lot. that TSE x50 is killer

Thanks man! Yeah, the TSE X50 is really great! I've actually bought a Pod XT Live now tho, but it's mainly for live sound!

revclay

Reaction score
Sounds great. I really like the end. The chord progression is unexpected. I also like the clean part and clean tone as well. The part fits nicely with the rhythm guitar. Very cool.

hypotc

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments! I'd like to fatten up my mixes tho, any advice?

I've thought about recording a real bass, instead of programming, and using Trillian.

aawshred

Reaction score
how exactly are you running sd2.0? are you doing any sending to different buses? or any preset? it sounds really great

hypotc

Reaction score
how exactly are you running sd2.0? are you doing any sending to different buses? or any preset? it sounds really great

I use a heavily modified version of Bulb's "Tight & Clicky" preset. I've been changing some random things, just to get it more natural. The bass drum, snare is sent to a bus with a hard compressor on it, to make it bigger etc. I think I'm gonna use more room mics too, to get a more lifey sound to it!