Time for a new 7

ATOMICxTomato

Reaction score
Long time lurker here basically in search of a new 7. Theres 2 specific models i was looking at with those being RGD2127FX or the RG2027XL, was looking for some input on both models. Ive heard some people saying the neck on the RGD is abit thicker than on the XL but unfortunately i havent had a chance to try either. Id love the RGD because of the fixed bridge, but i can always block of the bridge on the RG if needed. I have a set of Lundgren M7 pups ill be throwing in either model aswell.

In the past ive owned a MIJ 98 RG7421 and played a couple of RG1527's that i loved the necks to but im not too big a fan of trems so the RGD was pretty appealing to me. And ive always been interested in trying out a extended scale 7.

Any word on both of these, ive heard stellar reviews on both.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've never played an RGD but I love the aesthetics. Legator's are cool, I'm currently waiting for my latest Legator to be delivered!

Fluence of Shred

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but there used to be a “beware of legator” thread? Not sure if that helps, but it seems they used have QC issues

What about the Stef Carpenter LTD 607? I think its the nicest sig on the market atm, under 1k i mean

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Buy the more expensive one. If you dont gel, sell it for the other one. Dont like that? Sell it and figure out what specs you didnt gel with and skip those next time hehe.

ATOMICxTomato

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but there used to be a “beware of legator” thread? Not sure if that helps, but it seems they used have QC issues

What about the Stef Carpenter LTD 607? I think its the nicest sig on the market atm, under 1k i mean
Ive also been looking at the 607. I was really wanting to use my lundgrens if possible. But if i found one at a steal id probably get it.

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I guess there was but I am happy with mine. I have a Ninja 7 string fanned fret and ordered a headless this past weekend on Reverb. If it sucks, I'll be sure to let everyone know lol. I hope that's not the case and am pretty optimistic.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Any old thing will be sick with the lundgrens

Might I suggest a ARZ 7 or some kind? Do you absolutely need long scale?

ATOMICxTomato

Reaction score
Any old thing will be sick with the lundgrens

Might I suggest a ARZ 7 or some kind? Do you absolutely need long scale?
Not a necessity by any means, but something ive been wanting to try. I currently have it in a 00s mij jackson but im not to fond of it. The RGD just looks appealing to me personally. I always have been a fan of the thinner ibanez necks, so its why i figured id stick with em.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
I'd go with the RGD, you seem to be more into it. In my experience an Ibby 7 neck feels like an Ibby 7 neck. There's not a whole lot of variation, and certainly nothing you couldn't get used to if you already liked a few.