Todesbonden seeking MD/DC/VA area 2nd 7-string Guitarist

• Thread starter olsonuf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

olsonuf

Reaction score
Todesbonden is now seeking a 2nd Guitarist to play 7-string Guitar, at least Rhythm, but Lead is a plus. We are looking for an experienced guitarist with a melodic and dark musical style of his/her own, who is proficient but who appreciates the value in playing tastefully and simply when the part calls for it, and also the value in having a sense of humor and being easy to work with and get along with.

Musical Style...
We mix Doom Metal with World, Celtic, Folk, and Middle Eastern elements, aiming to create enormously atmospheric, cinematic, and orchestral music that surrounds and pulls in the listener. Click below to listen to samples of our music:

MySpace.com - Todesbonden (DRUMMER NEEDED!) - Washington, DC, Maryland - Metal / Classical / Folk - www.myspace.com/sleepnowquietforest

Practice Location: Baltimore, MD...
We practice at our [rented] rehearsal space at Orion Studios in Baltimore, MD once a week, on Sundays, generally starting at 2pm and lasting a few hours, depending on what we're working on at that time (last album, next album, next show, next set of shows, etc), and before shows we try to practice on Tuesday evenings as well (we all work M-F/9-5).

Drummer Also...
We are also currently auditioning drummers so that we may begin playing out again in [hopefully] the near future. The plan is to have the Drummer enter the band first, before the 2nd Guitarist, as we currently have several drummer auditions lined up in February. In the meantime, however, I would like to begin searching for, and hopefully preparing, a like-minded local guitarist.

The Audition:
I have tabs and mp3's to help you prepare, and I would like to meet with you beforehand if you're interested in auditioning.

Gear:
You can bring your own gear if you want, or you are welcome to use my Flextone III Combo Amp, which has all the same sounds that I use in my PODxt Pro.

If your gear includes an amp modeler, my amp is based on a Marshall JCM-800 w/ a Gain Mod. If you use a PODxt or other Line 6 amp modeler, specifically, then I can give you the actual patch I use shortly before we have you come to audition with the whole band.

olsonuf@gmail.com
703-203-4567
(VA cell, but I live in MD)

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm....why does your band name sound familiar.

Do you guys have an album out...or merch everywhere? :lol:

They've played at Jaxx quite a bit.

It's a pity I'm already spread too thin, Jason, or I might have to throw my hat in for this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

olsonuf

Reaction score
Hmmm....why does your band name sound familiar.

Do you guys have an album out...or merch everywhere? :lol:

Our album is currently awaiting release. Prophecy has it right now, and is doing preliminary promotion for a few months to get a buzz going, and some reviews. We are expecting the album to be released in Spring/Summer of 2008. However, we have some clips up on our MySpace page, and we have full versions with voice-overs for now for anyone interested in auditioning.

They've played at Jaxx quite a bit.

It's a pity I'm already spread too thin, Jason, or I might have to throw my hat in for this.

Yep, we have played at Jaxx a bit in the past, and hope to get started doing it again, more frequently, as soon as possible.

Yes that is a shame, but I know how having too much going on at once can be. If at some point in the future you have less on your plate and want to take on something else, by all means let me know. I've always been impressed w/ the guitar work I've heard in Division. Thanks Mike! :metal:

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
damn, jason, if i wasn't staying in Boston....

oh btw dude, i'm headed down to the DC area tomorrow morning for a few days. if i've got time, we should chill....give me a call if you're free.

olsonuf

Reaction score
damn, jason, if i wasn't staying in Boston....

oh btw dude, i'm headed down to the DC area tomorrow morning for a few days. if i've got time, we should chill....give me a call if you're free.

Hell yeah man that would rock. I'm pretty sure I should be free during the weekend. I'll give you a call. I'll ttys! :metal:

olsonuf

Reaction score
hey Jason! cool running into you on here, now sell me your 36 fret washburn :bowdown:

:lol:

Likewise, it is nice to bump into you here. Sorry but no on that Washburn. :nono: hehe

Prophecy Productions is awesome :lol: That label is fucking LEGEND.

Empyrium...Nox Mortis, etc...

We feel the same way, which is part of why we signed w/ a label at all, because we were originally planning not to sign w/ anyone. Couldn't pass down an offer like that though! :metal: