Tonex One leaked?

• Thread starter aWoodenShip
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aWoodenShip

Reaction score
IMG_0742.pngIMG_0743.pngIMG_0744.png

Overview of IK Multimedia TONEX ONE Guitar Pedal​

A complete live rig in the palm of your hand

TONEX One delivers the same cutting-edge amp, cab, and pedal tones as TONEX Pedal, but in a pocket-sized, streamlined device.

TONEX One can replace any amp, boost, overdrive, distortion, or fuzz pedal, and its small size allows it to fit anywhere on any pedalboard. And with adjustable knob colors, any artist can afford to stack and configure as many independent effects as they need and easily tell them apart on stage. With the world's best tones taking up half the size of a traditional stomp pedal, there's no limit to what a pedalboard can do.

FEATURES:
• Advanced AI Machine Modeling™ technology for hyper-realistic tone
• Play models of amps, amps+cabs, combos or distortion, overdrive, fuzz,
boost and EQ pedals
• Stores up to 8 banks of 3 Tone Models each (2 for dual mode, 1 for bypass
mode)
• Gain, bass, mid, treble, and volume controls
• Onboard EQ, gate, compressor and reverb
• Tracks all on-stage changes with “always saved” behavior
• Dual A/B or on/off operating modes
• Cabinet bypass to connect to traditional rigs
• TRS stereo output to connect to other pedals, PA or headphones
• Runs on standard 9v pedal power supplies
• Also works as a USB audio interface for recording
• Access to ToneNET to share, download and load over 25,000 free and premium Tone Models

An endless ecosystem of tone
TONEX One offers complete access to the TONEX ecosystem. Connecting to a computer via USB-C, users can load dozens of included Tone Models, any they create themselves, or choose from over 25,000 available Tone Models on ToneNET.
Just connect the included TONEX Librarian to easily load, save and manage all Tone Models in seconds.

Two modes, unlimited possibilities
TONEX One offers 2 performance modes:
The dual preset mode hosts two presets, allowing the footswitch to toggle between them. It functions akin to a two channel amp - artists can have both clean and crunch sounds in one box, easily toggling between two completely different sets of Tone Models and settings.

The on-off mode works just like most pedals, toggling between a single preset and a bypassed state. This mode makes TONEX One an ideal overdrive pedal offering limitless choices of overdrive, fuzz and more. Best of all, TONEX One lets users save up to 8 banks of unique dual/on-off combinations, for a total of 24 total onboard Tone Models. With the ability to stack multiple TONEX One on a single board, the combinations are endless.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Saw this earlier. Very intrigued. I just sold my ToneX Pedal because I was really only using the software and I didn't really need everything the pedal has. This might be an interesting compromise. I wonder if it comes with the Max software, like the larger pedal? They'd basically be giving you the pedal for free if that's the case.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on a ToneX pedal but I was having a lot of problems with the ToneX free tier (lost some of my 20 free user downloads), couldn't load IR's after most recent update...
That said, if I can get into the ToneX ecosystem for like half the price ($240 CAD) then I may give it another chance.

@ $240 CAD, that is basically the price of one of the new Line 6 Express pedals. Looks like a lot of modelling/profiling companies are trying to miniaturize their tech for live and studio use---and I am all for it!

Since I'm mainly a 'home-studio' player these days its going to be difficult to knock Neural Amp Modeler (NAM) off the 1st place pedestal right now.

Last edited:

cindarkness

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Interested, very much indeed.

Unless the EU gets the classic cuck treatment again and it's 219,99€ or something stupid over here.

Shask

Reaction score
This seems to be basically what people have been asking for, for years.... a teeny tiny modeler / profiler.

Which reminds me, I am surprised you dont hear more about the Mooer preamp pedals these days.

Shask

Reaction score
HX One doesn’t have amps I don’t think. Are you thinking POD Express?
Oh, yeah, lol. Getting them mixed up. I was thinking the new one, but I guess that is the POD Express.

The HX One was the one that only did one effect at a time, but you could pick anything from the HX family.

aWoodenShip

Reaction score
This seems to be basically what people have been asking for, for years.... a teeny tiny modeler / profiler.

Which reminds me, I am surprised you dont hear more about the Mooer preamp pedals these days.
That’s one of the first things I thought of. When the mooer 005 dropped I loved it, but I’m sure if I tried to compare it to my plugins or HX stomp I’d be disappointed.
Oh, yeah, lol. Getting them mixed up. I was thinking the new one, but I guess that is the POD Express.

The HX One was the one that only did one effect at a time, but you could pick anything from the HX family.
Can the HX One run just the pitch block effectively? Just curious. Even tho I already have a drop.

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No MIDI-over-usb and jacks on the side. Darn.
Seems really hard to control with no MIDI. I sorta don’t like this trend of having pedals with complex functionality, but also think it’s a good idea to have no screens or reasonable way to adjust them.

Sure the normal pedal knobs make it something a guitar player can understand, but it’s a pretty shitty interface. “Ya see when the ring turns blue that means you are adjusting bass, when it’s yellow that is your noise gate.”