Tool Writing New Album

• Thread starter Luuk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Luuk

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the band.. but I'm sure there fans of them on this forum..

"Brad Angle of Guitar World magazine recently conducted an interview with Tool guitarist Adam Jones. When asked how the new album was coming along, Jones replied: "It's been coming along...great! [laughs] No, we've been on hiatus. I'm writing and [bassist] Justin [Canchellor]'s been writing, but [frontman] Maynard [James Keenan] has been working on his wine. We've all just been taking some time away from each other, which has been nice. I've also been working on producing some comics."

The entire interview can be found in the latest issue of Guitar World, out on newsstands now. Tool have been on break from touring and writing since early 2008, following nearly two years of supporting their most recent studio album, 2006's "10,000 Days", which marked its first set of new material since 2001's "Lateralus.""

source: Kill Your Stereo - News: Update on the new Tool album

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Its good theyre taking their time with it, thats when anyones best stuff is written

ChaNce

Auto-banned?
Reaction score
Actually, that doesn't read (to me) like they are working on a new album at all. It actually sounds like it's the opposite: Justin and Adam are writing on their own, Maynard isn't involved, and they are still on hiatus.

Depends on what your definition of "writing" is, I guess.

Nats

Reaction score
Actually, that doesn't read (to me) like they are working on a new album at all. It actually sounds like it's the opposite: Justin and Adam are writing on their own, Maynard isn't involved, and they are still on hiatus.

hahaha, i know right. i didn't get they're writing a new album at all

Petef2007

Reaction score
While i'm hoping for something closer to Lateralus then 10,000 Days, i'll definatly be waiting for this one with high expectations, 10k days wasn't the best of albums imo but it was still damn good.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually IIRC that is how Tool writes their albums. I believe that the music is all done solely by Adam, Justin and Daney and after it's all done Maynard gets it..... I could be wrong though. :scratch:

Regardless, I can hardly wait to hear the new material!

Wiz

Reaction score
I hope they don't release another piece of crap like their last record. They've always been consistent about evolving their style and sound with every record until 10,000 days, which was basically "Lateralus part 2 - crappy songs we couldn't fit on the first cd".

WhiteShadow

Banned
Reaction score
I'm curious about the Wine.

: : : caduceus : : :

Maynard owns Merkin Vineyards and the Caduceus Cellars in Arizona (where the wine is stored).

The wine:
caduceus-naga.jpg

Maynard with the wine and the two guys who run the vineyard and cellars (Maynard looking like a square, lol):
2678541713_4bb38c879c.jpg

I've tasted the wine before. Its actually pretty good. Very complex flavors going on.

Back to the topic at hand...I'm looking forward to the new Tool album. Tool always delivers. I just hope we arent all dead before the album comes out (2012 reference).:lol:

toolsound

Reaction score
Actually IIRC that is how Tool writes their albums. I believe that the music is all done solely by Adam, Justin and Daney and after it's all done Maynard gets it..... I could be wrong though. :scratch:

No, you're right. I was actually going to say the same thing until I saw your post. I don't interpret this news as meaning the album is coming out soon, but it's good to hear that it's in the works.

Dyingsea

Reaction score
Those dudes are getting old(er), I always wonder if this will be their last.

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score

Regardless, I can hardly wait to hear the new material!

Thank god for that band. Aenima was actually the last album they wrote together and it shows in my opinion. Lateralus and 10000 days were incredible albums but lacked the "connectivity" that aenima and to a lesser extent undertow had. Just my opinion though