Torment: Tides of Numenera

• Thread starter SenorDingDong
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Any other Planescape: Torment fans thrilled for this upcoming 'spiritual successor?'

Repner

Reaction score
I'm loving the plans they have for it. I pledged when the Kickstarter campaign was up. Now we have to wait...

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Pledged quite a lot of money towards it!

I am happy to see a return of quality, thought provoking, novel like games to PC. Whilst I enjoy the interactive movies that RPG gaming has become as much as anybody, this should be much, much better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Very excited :hbang: Also very impressed with the amount of money they managed to raise. Quite a few P:T fans want more it seems :)

Mexi

Reaction score
I think it's also that people want a return to form for some games. I've certainly grown tired of most shooters and 3rd person cover-based action games and found myself playing old school games.

I didn't play Torment until well after it came out and enjoyed it. I hope there are more "spiritual successors" to games I liked growing up (just recently got my Jazz Jackrabbit shirt:cool:)

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I'm mostly excited because I miss games with stories. Now, everything is entirely action focused. P:T had possibly the best storyline of any game in PC gaming history. The scope, depth and emotion of the story are simply unmatched. Baldur's Gate 2 came close, but P:T laid off on the combat to focus almost every aspect on the story. It was more important to upgrade WIS, CHA and INT than STR, DEX and CON. The emphasis was entirely on experiencing the story.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm mostly excited because I miss games with stories. Now, everything is entirely action focused. P:T had possibly the best storyline of any game in PC gaming history. The scope, depth and emotion of the story are simply unmatched. Baldur's Gate 2 came close, but P:T laid off on the combat to focus almost every aspect on the story. It was more important to upgrade WIS, CHA and INT than STR, DEX and CON. The emphasis was entirely on experiencing the story.

The Bioshock series has story for days, and a rather bleak yet heart-wrenching one at that.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
The Bioshock series has story for days, and a rather bleak yet heart-wrenching one at that.

As a fan of both series, I have to say Bioshock simply can not hold a candle to the depth of story achieved in Torment.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
As a fan of both series, I have to say Bioshock simply can not hold a candle to the depth of story achieved in Torment.

Not even one of those stupid candle/lighter apps on your smartphone to wave around like a new age hippy at a concert.

Bennykins

Reaction score
Just got the Australian magazine PC Powerplay, which has a feature on Torment: ToN. Liked the look of it so much that I went and bought the original Planescape (don't know how I missed this back in the day). Played a bit last night and the story definitely sucks you in, can't wait for the successor.

Repner

Reaction score
Bump!

I'm sure pledgers have seen this already, but we finally have gameplay footage!

Looks amazing.