Transparent pickup bobbins

• Thread starter bmth4111
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bmth4111

Reaction score
We're can i find transparent bobbins. Specifically for a seven string. Im thinking about getting some bare knuckle nail bombs, but I haven't found any transparent bobbins online. I'm hoping I can find some and mail them bare knuckle to have them wound.

Really would like clear bobbins or trans black bobbins that could be used for 7string nail bombs.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Maybe contact Oil City. Maybe you already thought of that as you probably got the idea from seeing their pickups. If they can't provide the bobbins, I wouldn't be surprised if you were happy with their pickups. They seem to be a popular choice amongst the same crowd who would enjoy a pickup like the BKP Nailbomb

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bmth4111

Reaction score
Yeah I Conte Ted them and they just said they don't offer a transparent bobbin. I'm waiting for an answer back whether they would wind one if I sent it in(if I can find some).

But yeah I'm pretty set on the Nailbombs atm. So maybe I could just get the bobbin from oilcity?

bmth4111

Reaction score
Well bare knuckle said they don't and won't use parts from others to make a pickups... That sucks. Really want that Nailbomb in a trans bobbin.

bmth4111

Reaction score
yeah im wondering if they can, just haven't seen many videos or music using it.

Alex79

Reaction score
The Nailbomb is an awesome pickup though.

I also doubt Oil City are keen on copying other people's pickups. They probably prefer to do their thing - why else would they have reason to exist?