Tremsetters/WD Music TS-1 Trem Stabilizer

• Thread starter Metal Ken
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Which should i get? will they work in a 7620 or 1527? if they do, i'll get one for each....

An overview on how the TS1 works would be cool, i can see the tremsetter's diagrams but there's not a lot of info on the TS1. Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
I love these things man I am so glad finally someone mentioned them. :lol: .I LOVE HIPSHOT stuff :yum: ...the trem setter is one of those things that once you use one you will retro fit all your tremolo-ed guitars with it. I use them on all my guitars you can really be agressive with it and it will always bring your guitar back to dead zero in tune....they are worth the 30 or so dollars people sell them on ebay for...The other thing HIPSHOT started making is called the TremLocker...this too is really a great tool for me...I am a very aggresive rythme player (ie) Iced Earth :agreed: heavy picking etc..so with a tremsetter you can still get out of tune during riffage...but with the trem locker it locks you in tune sort of like blanking off your tremolo but only temporarly. there is a draw back to the trem Locker..you do have to drill three little joles in your guitar so you need to go to their website HIPSHOT and look at the photos before you decide ;) ..I use them on my Carvins but I refuse to drill extra holes in my BC Rich Customs. :eek: ... :lol:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
As long as the holes are in the back with the springs what would normally be covered by the plastic, i dont care. If its worth it,i'll do it.
You play lotsa Iced Earth too, huh?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I know, thats how i found out about it. i was looking for feedback mostly. Especially on the WD/TS-1 since it looks easier to install.

J

Josh

HateBreeder said:
I know, thats how i found out about it. i was looking for feedback mostly. Especially on the WD/TS-1 since it looks easier to install.
Yeah but I had to go looking for the website to find more info...so I figured I'd post the link so anyone else that stopped by wouldn't have to. ;)

Goliath

Contributor
Reaction score
tremsetter.JPG

Only $50 and looks pretty easy to install. I'd love to try one out, it would be worth it if it does what it says it does.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have all but one of my FR's blocked off because of tremolo inconsistencies. I use the 270 to record the rare moment I actually want to whammy. I'm going to have to pick one of these up.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
If you all install the tremsetter you can do whatever you want with your tremolo and it will always fall back into dead zero tune. *(you have to initially set it there)... The damn things let you be steve Vai :agreed: without the hazels..and by the way Vinnie Moore :agreed: turned me onto them during a few shows I played with him....They require no madifications to the guitar the extra claw that comes with them has to be screwed in closer to an exsisting screw hole but thats all,...everything is hidden well behind you trem plate. The trem Lockers..that's a different story they require you to drill three holes on the fron behind your tremolo...Like i said before I would never do this to my BC Rich 7 string handmade Mutherz :yum: ....i feel so strange playing guitars without them...and yes I feel they add to the sustain of any given guitar ;) ......it is just that HIPSHOT takes forever to complete orders...I use their Tremsetter...Trem Locker...Knobbs with rubber ring and they 7 string Bridge...i like em' they are just really slow :eek: ....

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i think you can get them from Musicians friend for about 30$?

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
I find em' on ebay alot for $30 or even less sometimes if you write to the seller because they didn't sell with the aution you can get it cheaper...i have paid $4 before including s&H for two so keep your eye out there. if you go to HIPSHOTS web site you will buy the same thing just list $55 or so dollars. but i'd pay $100.00 for these I am that adimit about em' :agreed:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I got an Email from the Wd-1 guys about their trem stabilizer-- it will NOT work on a RG7620 or similar setup... just so ya'll know

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
No, but i believe its cause the lockdown plate on the back of the 7620 to keep the sprigns in..

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Jerich-- i was on the jemsite forum and a guy there says he didnt like it cause it was too stiff, and wouldnt put in another one. Is it adjustable or anything? Also, i assume since the guy said it holds double stop bends that you can also thrash like a mofo on it?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Got the tremsetter put in, its so :hbang:, i love this thing, im gonna put them in my other guitars eventually. I've never heard a doublestop bend in tune before, its weird lol. The trem still works beautifully, i think this is a genius product. Hipshot deserves a nobel prize or somethin. I took pictures during the installation, but its really easy, but i can put them up when i get them developed.

Latest posts