Tricky thing about lfrs

Haunted Cereal

I am Sammy Jankis
Reaction score
the bridgeplate isn't deep enough to allow for proper intonation on anything bigger than a 56. i tune to A standard and use a 65 :wallbash: . i was thinking maybe if i tightened the springs enough so that the bridge was pulled back that this might solve some issues. i am a relative noob to floating trems btw :scratch: . so is this a feasible idea and/or do you guys have any other suggestions. any help is much appreciated and let me thank you in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Is it that it won't go back far enough, or has the hold down screw reached the end of the saddle? There's about 3 holes for each screw in the baseplate, so you can move it back to the next one.

Haunted Cereal

I am Sammy Jankis
Reaction score
i know, mine only has two. the saddle is riding up the slot in the back of the bridgeplate at this point. someone told me it was because most 7 string lfr's have the same depth as the 6 string versions so they can't intonate for the thicker strings.

Haunted Cereal

I am Sammy Jankis
Reaction score
well last night i tried tightening the springs so it would be permanently bent back and then moving the other saddles forward and it seems to be working okay for now. eventually i'm going to try replacing it with an original floyd rose and see if it solves things. otherwise i'm looking at trading it for an agile interceptor with the 27 inch neck so thicker strings won't be such an issue.

KillMAH

Mr. Fumblefingers
Reaction score
After making such a drastic change in string guage, you probably need to adjust the truss rod to accomodate for the increased tension on the neck. Do that, and also get your bridge (saddle) height set before you intonate. Improper truss rod tension is likely the cause of your woes. It's a good idea to adjust it even if it is not the entire cause of your problem.