Trussrod question

• Thread starter Rollandbeast
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rollandbeast

Reaction score
Hey guys i just changed from .9 to .10 and needed to adjust my trussrod a bit , but i noticed it was kind of hard to turn should I be worried ? I remember reading somewhere to stop messing around if it gets too hard.. the thing is I adjusted it in the past and it was fine , wasnt hard to turn or anything it was pretty smooth.. anyways thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chopeth

Reaction score
Did you loose the strings before trying to turn it?

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Sometimes it just gets stuck and needs a bit more force to turn (you can use for example a pair of pliers to create additional torque), but since you are tightening, it's not out of the question that you ran out of adjustable range.

Depending on the type of truss rod there are some solutions. Take it to a tech WORTH HIS SALT to assess the situation.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
You can try to take the nut off and lubricate and clean it. It's hard to describe, but I don't worry too much about truss rods that turn only with effort, but there's a big difference between turning only with effort and not turning at all. If the nut simply doesn't turn, stop trying.