trying to remember name of rare vintage gibson

• Thread starter Bobro
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bobro

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals and Gungans and you who identify as Apache Attack helicopters!

Can't remember the name of a rare vintage gibson model (I blame the vegetarian cigarettes for this), maybe someone can help?

It was quite "moderne" and sort of like an angled teardrop, kinda in the direction of a Vox (no upper horn) and usually painted black IIRC. I think the equipment (pickups and so on) was pretty much the same as Les Paul, can't remember! I'm asking because I'm thinking of carving up a body (17-tone per octave neck arrived yesterday) and would like to do something similar to that vintage Gibson.

Thanks in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bobro

Reaction score
Thanks, but that's not it! pretty sure it's older, 1960's in fact and kind of in the space-age modern style of the era, and no V cut into it like the Corvus.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
You say no upper horn, but did it have a horn at all? The RD might vaguely fit that description if it has a lower horn.

Bobro

Reaction score
I think it did have a lower horn, but not a big one. Now that I'm really stoned, I'm wondering if I kinda customized some other Gibson in my head- if the Moderne had no V cut into it, but a more flat butt, it would look something like that!

Bobro

Reaction score
If the RD and a Vox fucked and made a baby, it would look similar to that!

Latest posts