trying to understand recording video + audio

• Thread starter soldierkahn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
I know that Im probably gonna get beat up for asking but I am wanting to make small recordings of riffs that im writing instead of having to tab out what im trying to get across. im not trying to really get too involved with it and was hoping I could get some suggestions? I typically record in Garageband while im on the road since its so straight forward and the quality is good enough for me. but Im not finding any options in GB to record video right along with the audio.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can't you record video with your phone while recording into GB and then dump the video into GB to sync it up?

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't you record video with your phone while recording into GB and then dump the video into GB to sync it up?

I use an IPAD and an iRig HDX into Tonebridge and then use the clean setting in GB for audio......

is it that I have to record video with a secondary device instead of doing both at the same time on the same device? sorry if i sound like a complete noob

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No problem! That's how I've done it, record video with my phone while recording audio into Reaper. Then sync it up and use the better sounding audio.

I'm not super experienced with it, so if there's easier or better ways to do it I don't know about it lol

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
No problem! That's how I've done it, record video with my phone while recording audio into Reaper. Then sync it up and use the better sounding audio.

I'm not super experienced with it, so if there's easier or better ways to do it I don't know about it lol

Hey thanks for your help! Ill give it a shot over the weekend and give it a try. :)

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
if you are running a Mac then you can make a video recording and replace the audio track easily with your take from GarageBand in iMovie. Have some sort of cue in both that will align the tracks, like single note surrounded by silence that will show up on the waveforms to align with. I’ve also done it like a music video, where I play along with the final song.

Latest posts