Tuning ant setup question - Schecter C7hr

Reaction score
Hi everybody, 1st post here, I've been lurking on the site for quite a while though. Anyhoo, I have a Schecter C7 HellRaiser that I've been playing for a year or so. What I'm wondering is how do I set my guitar up to the tuning I like to play in? I currently have it from LOW to HIGH = ADADGBe with Ernie Ball 7 string Regular Slinky, 10-56. Do I have to adjust the truss rod at all, mess with the bridge or anything? I don't wana mess up the neck.

I've had it in this tuning for a couple days now and my low B string is kinda floppy, but thats prolly cuz of where I live, its like 40 F most of the time and relatively high humidity. Anyhoo, that's all I have to ask right now. Awesome sight you guys have here!!!

Oh and I plan on getting the Agile Pendulum 7, but im not sure whats the difference between the Pendulum 7 nat and the Pendulum 7527 natural. Any ideas??? Thanks guys and sorry im so long winded lol :bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Get some heavier strings if you think your current ones are too loose. Don't go huge, but a .60 on the low string will tighten it up quite a bit. I seriously doubt you'll have to mess with your truss rod at all.

I have an LTD sc-607B, and I bounce between B-Standard, Drop-A and Drop-G all the time, with very minimal intonation issues, and I'm using fairly light strings. That reminds me, I need to order some heavier strings this week.

Pendulum 7527? Do you mean the 72527? If so, that's a fan-fret guitar. It's quite a bit different than any other 7 that Agile makes. The scale-length gradually increases from 25" at the high string, to 27" at the lowest string, to offer greater tuning ranges and optimal string tension. Not quite your average 727 :cool:

Ice4600

Reaction score
The only visible difference between the two seems to be the painted versus unpainted headstock. The specs seem to be exact copies and the guitars show no other visual differences. Honestly it looks like you'd be paying $50 more for them to NOT paint the headstock black. I'd email Kurt though, since its possible an error was made.