Tuning my Baritone down to Db [VIDEO]

soundbase

Reaction score
So I had a bit of fun, and wanted to see how low I could tune my Squier Jazzmaster Baritone with its 30-inch scale. Seeing as most 9 strings have a 30-inch scale I thought why not, and let's see if I can get down to a low C#. So I chucked on some heavier gauges (20-90), and tuned it down to Double Drop Db. It sort of worked. Strings were a little loose, but it held up quite nicely on this long neck.

Check out my video on it here, and let me know what you thick. Does it work?

I might even go lower and try a 105 on the 6th string and see how that goes and if can go even lower with a 105 :)

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I'd say at 30" you could probably do an alright B/Bb with a 105. My 30" guitars are in A with a 118. Still wanna get one of those and throw some super hot pickups in it.

soundbase

Reaction score
Yeah they great versatile guitar. Super stoked with it. And the stock pickups are really cool and gnarly. But yeah next I wanna get a 105 and also get a hot humbucker in there and see what it can do. I’ve already got the Jazzmaster humbucker ring mounts. Just need to decide on a pickup to put in there. I’m getting some Iron gear Hot Slags for my tele. And if I like them I might chuck one into the Jazzmaster as well

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soundbase

Reaction score
I'd say at 30" you could probably do an alright B/Bb with a 105. My 30" guitars are in A with a 118. Still wanna get one of those and throw some super hot pickups in it.
What guitars have you put the 118 on? And did you have to mod it quite a bit? Like file down the bit quite a bit?

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
What guitars have you put the 118 on? And did you have to mod it quite a bit? Like file down the bit quite a bit?
I have a pair of Agile Interceptor Pro 930. I did have to file the nut slot quite a bit to widen it, which is pain because they have locking nuts, luckily the bridge saddles are top-loading and Kalium dual-tapers their big strings, so no issues on the bridge end.

soundbase

Reaction score
Yeah guess if you don’t file it properly you gonna have some buzzing on those lower strings. Good to know about Kalium and it’s dual tapering.

Latest posts