Turning a powered Mini-PA into a home theater stereo?

• Thread starter Ulvhedin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ulvhedin

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Hi all,
So Im amidst the process of buying my first house, and I figured I´d try to use my LD Systems Dave 8XS as a be-all system in the living room.
What uses I want it to have, and what I want it connected to (or control):
TV, Xbox, CD and LP player, Line-out for laptop/cell, bluetooth possibilities. You know, the typical shiz, to be able to switch between sound sources through a receiver or what have you.

Can I use a receiver? With the system being self-powered I assume that´ll be an issue?
I´m completely stumped by this and have no clue. Am I trying to do something that just isnt done?

Info and such about the system:

3574280_800.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 20.03.00.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nancydrewsub

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You might need to connect additional analog or digital audio if your home theater receiver only supports HDMI pass-through (optical or coaxial)

Baelzebeard

Grinder of strings
Reaction score
It will really only work if the receiver you have or intend to use has "preamp out"'s, since you need to send these powered speakers a line audio signal.

Alternatively you could send all these audio feeds through a mixer. Also, both these solutions do not provide surround for Xbox, movies, etc..

I got my hands on basically new Pioneer speakers for my receiver super cheap on the used market. I use them with my receiver for media, and a dedicated set of speakers for listening to music.

Latest posts