Turns out there's actually 100 Ways To Die! Thanks for the update, Dave!

• Thread starter DDDorian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Divinehippie

ESaD ;)
Reaction score
wow, this guy needs to cool his jets a little. and if it's so bad for him then he can gtfo. no need for more crazy people in a position of persuasion.

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
It's quite sad to see what he has become. One thing is to disagree with the current governement and its politics, and to voice said disagreement in an educated and coherent way. But this, this is the same conspiracy theories and baseless accusations he used to criticize in the Bush-Clinton-Bush administrations. In his own words, he should put a plug in it.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
This is just getting really sad. I used to look up to this guy for everything and now I look up to him for just guitar playing. Dave used to be a guy that had political and sometimes social views that were spot on. Now it's just another right wing conspiracy theorist

guitareben

Reaction score
This is just getting really sad. I used to look up to this guy for everything and now I look up to him for just guitar playing. Dave used to be a guy that had political and sometimes social views that were spot on. Now it's just another right wing conspiracy theorist

Took the words out of my mouth... though I'd argue even his guitar playing isn't great... (Some great riffs though! But less good new stuff...).

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
I'm surprised at the reactions here.

Anyone that has listened to Mustaine's music (only way to hear Marty Friedman at his best) must be aware that he is heavily influenced by conspiracy theorists.

What he's saying is really nothing new, merely contemporary.

An organisation causing an event in order to benefit from the reaction, it's an ancient military-intelligence doctrine.

A quick google search reveals, perhaps, Mustaine's source for his suspicions regarding the Batman opening night.

Gun Owners of America director Larry Pratt has publicly voiced his suspicions as have many journalists, raising questions about eye witness reports which suggest multiple suspects, so it's no surprise that a musician who attempts to keep abreast of current events would be aware of a controversy of this nature.

Many people are discussing these tragic events, not just Mustaine.

AirJordanStaal

Reaction score

Anyone that has listened to Mustaine's music (only way to hear Marty Friedman at his best) must be aware that he is heavily influenced by conspiracy theorists.

An organisation causing an event in order to benefit from the reaction, it's an ancient military-intelligence doctrine.

A quick google search reveals, perhaps, Mustaine's source for his suspicions regarding the Batman opening night.

Gun Owners of America director Larry Pratt has publicly voiced his suspicions as have many journalists, raising questions about eye witness reports which suggest multiple suspects, so it's no surprise that a musician who attempts to keep abreast of current events would be aware of a controversy of this nature.

Many people are discussing these tragic events, not just Mustaine.

Saying Obama staged a shooting is insane regardless of how many other people think it.

exo

Reaction score
Not sure this is too much different from the radical fringe Bush haters saying 9/11 was an inside job........

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
It's just treason, someone needs to give Dave a big slap & tell him to snap out of it. I honestly liked the whiny little butt-hurt over Metallica one we had up to a year ago or so much more than this one.
-Brent

K3V1N SHR3DZ

Reaction score
Look what drugs can do, son...

This is what a religious approach to treating addiction can do.
Most of the worst crazy/authoritarian people I know are either ex-drug addicts or have a long family history of it. It's like to make up for the utter lack of control they used to have, they go overboard in the other direction. This is even worse when using religion to fill the gap left by drugs/alcohol.

Demiurge

Reaction score

Sure, but just because he's sharing a conspiracy theory espoused by others doesn't make it any less tasteless or him any less of an idiot for saying it.

I love conspiracy theories, oftentimes with their campy expressions of attempted emotive truths in the face of tragedy, but there is a limit to the amount of paranoid someone can be while still being sane.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
:wallbash::noplease::realmad::ugh::eek::nuts: etc. He just keeps getting crazier, that or he's doing some sort of elaborate Joaquin Phoenix thing but that's probably giving him too much credit. Also, since this is a guitar forum, since when is megadeth tuning down? I barely recognized holy wars in that vid.

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned musicians/celebrities should all keep it their mouths shut. Bono is a self serving arrogant ass, the NUGE is a draft dodging coward, and Mustaine is 2 beers away from talking like Ozzy. They should stick to what go them paid in the first place, and thats dance monkey dance and entertain us. Although the whole fast and the furious debacle did open the door to this speculation...hmmmmm

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
^ i hate them all conservative christians, or liberal cry babies all the same