Turntable recommendation?

• Thread starter Turd Ferguson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone out there know anything about modern record players? My niece has gotten into vinyl and wants a turntable for Christmas. She would like one with Bluetooth. I've seen a few of those, so I guess it's a thing. I personally haven't dropped a needle on a record for at least 30 years so I'm starting from scratch (no pun intended, a ha ha ha).

Basic requirements are:
Under $200
Has Bluetooth

Any advice would be appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

michael_bolton

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
U Turn turntables start at $199. made in USA and are overall killer esp for the money. no built in bluetooth but you can buy a transmitter for $30 or so (if you must lol).

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
U Turn turntables start at $199. made in USA and are overall killer esp for the money. no built in bluetooth but you can buy a transmitter for $30 or so (if you must lol).

Appreciate that. I'm aware those transmitters exist, but I'm shopping for a 19 year old, not-super-tech-savvy girl. I think she wants to send the output right to her ipods or whatever. I don't think kids nowadays know how to connect speaker wires (or even what they are).

I will check those out though. As a guy whose first recorded music purchases were records, I'm curious.

jaguar78

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A used Rega Planer3 is as good a turntable as most people will ever need. Rega are one of the countries best known turntable manufacturers. They make full systems but made their name offering turntables that sounded good at sensible prices.

Latest posts