Two new budget 7 string available from Jackson - JS22 Rhoads and King V.

• Thread starter Whoman Bean
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Can confirm.Did the same mod on a Tele long time ago. Used some dowels in the string holes to make extra sure it was lined up.
Did you find the bridge changed anything tonally?

Jbar0071

Reaction score
Can confirm.Did the same mod on a Tele long time ago. Used some dowels in the string holes to make extra sure it was lined up.
Did you find the bridge changed anything tonally?
Double reply. So the tone change could just be new XL strings. However, the Graphtec nut and brass bridge have improved the sustain immensely!

Jbar0071

Reaction score

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score

Whoman Bean

Pointy only.
Reaction score
If it's a bit noise into an amp, check if any of the finish was sanded off for the ground wire on the underside of the bridge. Mine was a little noisy, and there was no bare metal spot on the bottom of the stock bridge.
No issues with that in my case.

Whoman Bean

Pointy only.
Reaction score
Holy cow, you did the iron cross and the bevels on that? How did you do it? Just line up painters tape super carefully?
Yep, just line up painters tape super carefully, make sure it's a vinyl tape, not paper one.
Screenshot_20240513_054502_Gallery.jpg
Actually I bought a neon pink spray to do bevels sort of Alexi style, but didn't cross my mind that mixing pink and black gives us red, lol. Instead Alexi I got more like Slayerish look, so bought Iron Cross sticker and that's it. Jackson red logo on a headstock is also a sticker.

Latest posts