Two Notes Torpedo Live Unboxing & First Impressions

drumbart - Bartek Beben

Reaction score
Sit down and judge like it's X-Factor.

Leave a comment on youtube what would you like to see in the full review.

cheers,
Bartek

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarkNe0

Reaction score
I have to say it sounds ridiculously good for a first time operation without any setting changes!

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love mine. Single greatest gear purchase I've made in a very long time. The stock cabs are really great, and the expanded selection of cabs available to purchase from Two Notes are all top notch. My favorite cab so far is the Uber 30 (modeled after a Bogner UberKab's V30).

PBGas

Reaction score
I love mine. Single greatest gear purchase I've made in a very long time. The stock cabs are really great, and the expanded selection of cabs available to purchase from Two Notes are all top notch. My favorite cab so far is the Uber 30 (modeled after a Bogner UberKab's V30).

Completely 100% agree! I love mine as well. I had one a couple of years ago and made the huge mistake of selling it to try something else. I ended up getting a new one and love it. The cabs in LaBoutique are fantastic!

lewis

Reaction score
All this talk about Two Notes cabs incl ones to purchase from them. Whilst all are good. They dont come close to the Ownhammer or Redwirez collections. Once things like that get loaded in. This thing is an unreal piece of gear. I own the CAB its little brother and its poweramp sims mixed with 3rd party IRS from the places listed above is godly.

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have all the redwirez cabs and have tried several of the Ownhammer cans but I still prefer the Two Notes cabs. The 3rd party IR's sound great as well but the Two Notes stuff definitely isn't inferior. The ability to adjust mic / distance / position on the fly is a huge bonus for the Teo Notes cans vs having to manually load up different IR's.

lewis

Reaction score
I have all the redwirez cabs and have tried several of the Ownhammer cans but I still prefer the Two Notes cabs. The 3rd party IR's sound great as well but the Two Notes stuff definitely isn't inferior. The ability to adjust mic / distance / position on the fly is a huge bonus for the Teo Notes cans vs having to manually load up different IR's.

you have made me want to go back and check the stock ones out again now haha.

PBGas

Reaction score
All this talk about Two Notes cabs incl ones to purchase from them. Whilst all are good. They dont come close to the Ownhammer or Redwirez collections. Once things like that get loaded in. This thing is an unreal piece of gear. I own the CAB its little brother and its poweramp sims mixed with 3rd party IRS from the places listed above is godly.

We all hear things differently, but this is not an accurate statement. I have the full redwirez pack and a few Own's. I prefer the stuff that I have from the Two-Notes store. In the end, in a great mix, one would have a hard time telling if one was superior to the other and forget about even noticing live. During some of the stuff I was working on for a private contract for Animax over the summer, the engineer and I found that we got amazing tone with several of the La Mirador cabs (Britt 1935, et.) as well as the Fried 25,30 and UberKab. I tried some of the RedWirez ones that I have used in the past and couple of the Mesa OwnH's but we kept going back to what I had stored on my unit.

slapnutz

Reaction score
Cool vid man, liking this thing more I see it.

Btw, when you are playing/jamming/testing through the 2Notes, what speakers are you using to listen? Splitting it to a cab or using Studio Monitors instead? (if so which monitors and how to do you it compares?)

InFlames235

Reaction score
Love it! The Torpedo Live is the best piece of equipment I've EVER purchased. I will never sell it unless I want to upgrade to a Studio :D

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Argh, do want one! Really cool video man, that little bit of N.I.B near the end definitely put a smile on my dial.

drumbart - Bartek Beben

Reaction score
Cool vid man, liking this thing more I see it.

Btw, when you are playing/jamming/testing through the 2Notes, what speakers are you using to listen? Splitting it to a cab or using Studio Monitors instead? (if so which monitors and how to do you it compares?)

I use MSP5's and the signal goes directly through an interface :)

Guitar sounds exactly like... Well electric distorted guitar.

The only difference is that it's quiet and I don't have to test my neighbours patience to get things done.

slapnutz

Reaction score
Thanks for the info mate. Didn't realise you still needed to go through an AI into your PC. Just for some reason I thought due to the nature of the Loadbox and its "features" that it would be able to act as a AI too.

Good to know though, cheers.

drumbart - Bartek Beben

Reaction score
Thanks for the info mate. Didn't realise you still needed to go through an AI into your PC. Just for some reason I thought due to the nature of the Loadbox and its "features" that it would be able to act as a AI too.

Good to know though, cheers.

It does have a built in AI. You can connect the unit via USB to your computer and use Two Notes software to modify the settings, load impulses etc.

I just prefer to use an AI that I know well.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
I've had my torpedo studio for almost a year now (got it as soon as it came out) and it is by far one of the best bits of gear I have ever purchased period. It sounds great, is so tweakable, easy to get good results and means i get to play real amps at home, and record them at home. Also, it makes an amp feel like you are playing through a cab, the response, he ebb and flow, that liquidity you only get when going through an actual amp, it's all there.

Cab wise, my favorite for metal rhythm is the BoGreen or the ProV30, and more specifically the two blended together.

Brilliant piece of gear, and I couldn't live without it anymore.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking one up with a 6505 head. Playing through an Axe-fx or Kemper just feels off to me.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
I'm thinking of picking one up with a 6505 head. Playing through an Axe-fx or Kemper just feels off to me.
Just do it, I've always had a problem with modelling stuff to replicate the amp in terms of it just not feeling quite right when you play, lacking in that inexplicable feedback loop between guitar and amp and fingers where there's that fluidity you get. This solved it, and lets me use my 5150 cranked at home, or the rectifier, or any amp, and I can either just play at normal levels, or record with it, it's great, i couldn't say enough good things about it.