Uber short clip from my new song! BROOTLE!

• Thread starter friendforafoe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

friendforafoe

Chugga+Djent=Happy
Contributor
Reaction score
hey all...i thought i'd post a super super short clip from a new song i'm working on, "the sky and the fall". i'm using some new mixing techniques...upon hindsight, i'm gonna work on the kick a little more (sounds too fake) so i'll be sure to continue updating this song as i get more and more input for you guys, so please give it a listen and let me know what you think!

SoundClick artist: Friend For A Foe - Homemade instrumentals for the masses. One of metal's finest comes out of nowhere and amazes all! Ma

trig

Reaction score
i really like the guitar sound :) uber as in the real überschall or is it GR2/X3? just that you dont have the bogner listed as the "gear you use".

like you said, the kick doesn't do it at all. tho the snare is good, but the overall cymbals are too thin and perhaps a little quiet.

:metal:

Coryd

Reaction score
i really like the guitar sound :) uber as in the real überschall or is it GR2/X3? just that you dont have the bogner listed as the "gear you use".

like you said, the kick doesn't do it at all. tho the snare is good, but the overall cymbals are too thin and perhaps a little quiet.

:metal:

:agreed:

Kick is kinda funny sounding, but looking at the overall song, it sounds great!!! I really like your guitar tone as well!!! :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

friendforafoe

Chugga+Djent=Happy
Contributor
Reaction score
updated song clip...the kick is much better...i think the overall eq is much better too..i may have a final mix sound for when i do the final version! hope you guys like it...comments are welcome...

SoundClick artist: Friend For A Foe - Homemade instrumentals for the masses. One of metal's finest comes out of nowhere and amazes all! Ma

thanks guys by the way! the tone is a pod x3 live preset i made...a combo of line 6 modern high gain and chunk chunk...oh yeah. some after effects compression and eq as well

friendforafoe

Chugga+Djent=Happy
Contributor
Reaction score
so i'm getting DKFHS :D got it worked out with someone to get a copy, so believe me, this song is going to be rerecorded once i get that...i'm so stoked right now. thanks again for the input everyone!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
it sounds great! i love the energy that the song has, with the kick drum pattern and stuff... nice work!

Ruins

Reaction score
sounds great though bass guitar is there just for low frequency ramblings it would sound better if you could hear the attack of bass and the notes it playing
but over all very cool and unique sounding bass drum

friendforafoe

Chugga+Djent=Happy
Contributor
Reaction score
well that really wasn't my bass in that mix. it was just a pitch shifted guitar with guitar rig 2 thrown on top of it lol...i have a custom schecter stiletto 5 string, but i need to replace a string so i didn't use it. the bass will be a lot more predominent once i get a new string and record it all over again :D

trig

Reaction score
sounds a lot better!

really hard to explain this in English, but your kickdrum is very wide in frequency and covers most of the bassguitar territory. now if you were to separate those by making the kickdrum more thinner/"snappy" and the bassguitar (pitchshifted guitar) more "hmmpfh"-like, it would sound just as wide alltogether, but much better and distinct.

as for the riffage, nice positive, energetic sounding stuff :)

friendforafoe

Chugga+Djent=Happy
Contributor
Reaction score
sounds a lot better!

really hard to explain this in English, but your kickdrum is very wide in frequency and covers most of the bassguitar territory. now if you were to separate those by making the kickdrum more thinner/"snappy" and the bassguitar (pitchshifted guitar) more "hmmpfh"-like, it would sound just as wide alltogether, but much better and distinct.

as for the riffage, nice positive, energetic sounding stuff :)

i appreciate the input man! the tone i normally use on my real bass is with my pod x3 live and is a lot better than my pitch shift guitar bass tone (which was guitar rig 2.0). The song you hear now is in drop C, but i'm deciding today if i want it in drop A or Ab...it sounds a lot beefier and fuller now...the song is actually faster too. i made the mistake of rendering a high-res sample (much too high for soundclick) and so soundclick compensated and it came out slower and detuned...it was a lot faster (check out the crappy low res version to get an idea of the speed it's really at). i'll mess around with the q settings on my EQ and see what i can do! :hbang: