Ugritone Announces Closure, Major Plugin Sale

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ugritone, a producer of excellent drum sample packs among various other plugins aimed at the metal market, has announced that it is going out of business. Their drum samples are top quality, in my opinion. They were already very affordable, but at the moment they're offering EVERYTHING they've ever released at the price of $99 total.

According to their site, that includes:

✅ 17 x Drum Samplers (thousands and thousands of individual samples)

✅ 32 x MIDI Packs ( Over 4500 beats with fills!!! )

✅ 2 x Ampenstein Guitar Amp Simulations

✅ 19 x IR packs ( 600 Impulse responses! )

✅ 4 x various Plugins / Virtual Instruments

If you're into metal production or home recording then this is an insane deal on some high quality stuff. It's a big shame to me that they're closing up shop, but this sale is too good to pass up, imo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EmaDaCuz

Brutal yet soulful
Reaction score
That's super sad news, I loved Ugritone drums and MIDI. I own quite a few of their libraries, but I will be happy to give them my money for one last time as a token of appreciation for their amazing work over the years!

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
Are they compatible with EZ Drummer?
The MIDI files are, currently have some in EZDrummer 3. The tagging isn't as organized by default but the files work fine.

I'll probably pick up the $99 bundle, would really expand out on the drum tones available. I'm not familiar with their IRs but can imagine they are top notch also.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I bought it. There's a lot there. With all the free vst/ir/midi in the world for recording, I was on a paid embargo after the last bogren digital sale, but for $99 I feel there's value here. Gbs upon gbs of downloads in the package, and the downloads package includes Mac/Win, some Linux installers and folders with the raw files so they really give you it all.

Once I get the gall to actually dive back into attempts at recording, I'm going to have severe option paralysis and will likely continue to accomplish nothing :lol:

PuckishGuitar

Reaction score
I bought it. There's a lot there. With all the free vst/ir/midi in the world for recording, I was on a paid embargo after the last bogren digital sale, but for $99 I feel there's value here. Gbs upon gbs of downloads in the package, and the downloads package includes Mac/Win, some Linux installers and folders with the raw files so they really give you it all.

Once I get the gall to actually dive back into attempts at recording, I'm going to have severe option paralysis and will likely continue to accomplish nothing :lol:
I feel the embargo need, most VST stuff I have is starting to blur into one another. Sometimes I feel like I can just pick something at random and get it close enough to what I want in the end, especially in the mix. But the need to consume is always there...

EmaDaCuz

Brutal yet soulful
Reaction score
The I'm not familiar with their IRs but can imagine they are top notch also.

The drum libraries go from raw and unpolished, almost goofy, to absolute greatness. Faster & Louder, Modern Doom and Drums Against Humanity are fantastic, honestly, and they sound very natural while being (almost) mix ready.

The IRs are good, again very natural sounding and perfect for playing around and have that "real" feel that gets lost with mix ready IRs. The IR loader is also pretty good, you can blend up to 6 IR (IIRC) and some useful hi-lo cut.

PuckishGuitar

Reaction score
The IR loader is also pretty good, you can blend up to 6 IR (IIRC) and some useful hi-lo cut.
Yeah the IR loader has me interested the most really. Been using NadIR for a long time, not a fan of the interface and being limited to two IRs at a time (can workaround it with busses and multiple instances but I’m lazy). Been using FenrIR some lately and it’s a bit slicker but still not my fav to use.

PuckishGuitar

Reaction score
Just wanted to add to this also, I’ve partially gotten over my option paralysis by just picking something at random when I want to record and try to make it work. Recently I recorded a Johnny Cash cover using NDSP Cali and Bogren IR. Getting an old twangy country blues tone took some work but got it done. I find this breaks me out of my habits and holdups to just get something done, and learn some skills while I’m at it.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Yeah the IR loader has me interested the most really. Been using NadIR for a long time, not a fan of the interface and being limited to two IRs at a time (can workaround it with busses and multiple instances but I’m lazy). Been using FenrIR some lately and it’s a bit slicker but still not my fav to use.
I was messing around with it a bit last night and some of the IR packs. Just throwing in some random ones I was able to get a really gnarly black metal/odsm tone rather quickly. I didn’t mess with any of the filters since I didn’t have much time. The selection menu is pretty nice IMO.

I also tried a couple of the drum samplers- Kvlt II and drums against humanity. They’re ok but I’m coming from ezdrummer 3 and that already sounds pretty good. These take some tweaking and seem to allow a lot more of your own sound influence.

Crowis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That’s
The drum libraries go from raw and unpolished, almost goofy, to absolute greatness. Faster & Louder, Modern Doom and Drums Against Humanity are fantastic, honestly, and they sound very natural while being (almost) mix ready.

The IRs are good, again very natural sounding and perfect for playing around and have that "real" feel that gets lost with mix ready IRs. The IR loader is also pretty good, you can blend up to 6 IR (IIRC) and some useful hi-lo cut.
Do the drum libraries also imclude WAV-files of the drum sounds?

I’d like to get hold of more drum samples but since you never know when the plugins stop working due to OS-updates you could still keep using the WAV:s in Reasamplomatic or other programs. Also, would be nice to be able to use the sounds in Roland Vdrums.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That’s

Do the drum libraries also imclude WAV-files of the drum sounds?

I’d like to get hold of more drum samples but since you never know when the plugins stop working due to OS-updates you could still keep using the WAV:s in Reasamplomatic or other programs. Also, would be nice to be able to use the sounds in Roland Vdrums.
I just checked, and it seems all the samples are packed into some kind of archive.

Crowis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for checking. Does it mean that it is possible to unpack the archive in order to access wav:s or are they in some kind of ”ugritone-format”?

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for checking. Does it mean that it is possible to unpack the archive in order to access wav:s or are they in some kind of ”ugritone-format”?
I'm honestly not sure but if I had to guess I would lean towards assuming that they're .wav files. I haven't tried to unpack them though so it's just my best guess.