Ultra rare Ibanez RG2127x (Piezo loaded + Dimarzio Ionizers)

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Ibanez RG2127x with Dimarzio Ionizers.
Modifications (if any): KJG wiring mod allowing piezo + pickups to be active at the same time. Super switch installed. Dimarzio black metal covered Ionizers.
Accessories (hardshell case etc): Hard shell case, trem bar, trem backplate cover
Location (City,State or City,Country): London, UK
International OK? : Yes.
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM on here please
References (eBay or other forum userid): 7dying trees on mg.org, and on ebay 100% positive feedback
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 1500£ obo

Trades: Depends what you have. I do want cash as part of the deal though. Also, I am not interested in anything headless, or "custom" unless it's LACS. Might be tempted by one of the new fanned fret ibanezes though. Amp wize, if you have Diezel Herbert I'd got for that, or other high gain amps more towards the boutique side of things.

This is not the RGD2127, but the really rare Japan only model of the RG2027. Comes up for sale way less than they do. I've had this for almost 7 years now, but I got an rg7cst, and this isn't getting played as much as it should, so it is time to let it go.

Piezo equipped in a lo pro edge with a LR Baggs preamp. Natural finish (No lacquer, they came like this). Very good sounding, piezo is nice and bright and full, and guitar has a nice natural amount of attack and has very good acoustic volume when unplugged. Quite a lot of marks on the body from having been played, and unavoidable on an unfinished guitar unless you just leave it in the case and never play it. I was holding this for John from Monuments as it used to be his and he had first refusal, but he couldn't find the funds.

This is a killer guitar, neck has no blemishes and plays great.

I've done the KJG mod on this, which basically means you can run the pickups and the piezo at the same time now (stock you can only run one or the other).

Also I've installed a super switch as they're more reliable and last longer.

Pictures:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
no, not a necro bump, but a price drop:

Right, 1000£ takes it!

Also kind of fancy one of those ibby fanned fret 7's, so one of those + cash would do it!

This is an awesome guitar, it really is. Plus you get to say it was owned by that blonde git who used to play in cradle of filth (ie, me). Oh, and it was previously owned by Jon Browne, he of monuments fame (yes, him, he sold it to me when he was poor years ago, and he can vouch that this is a killer guitar).

Hardcase and backplate even if not in pictures, are included.

I'll ship international too.