Underrated Bands/Musicians

• Thread starter CALLmeSANCHEZ
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to the site, thought I'd try and make a thread for underrated bands/musicians. So anything you think doesn't get the attention or praise it should

Underrated bands in my opinion

This or the Apocalypse
Myka, Relocate
Darkest Hour

If this thread had been done lmk and I can delete it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
Dark Lunacy. Or, at least, they were until their disgustingly bad last album, Weaver of Forgotten. But The Diarist, however, was absolutely perfect. Not a moment out of place on that album, and everything before that was really impressive and unique.

Mik3D23

things
Reaction score
Arsis and Pain of Salvation. Inanimate Existence is a pretty good new band I've been getting into lately that I've never heard someone else talk about. Intronaut deserves some more attention IMO

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
Inanimate Existence is a pretty good new band I've been getting into lately that I've never heard someone else talk about.

They're solid no doubt, but there's so much filler stuff on their album I can hardly ever get through the whole thing

Mik3D23

things
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, often times I can't get through the whole album in one sitting. But, the new rough tracks they've posted semi-recently sound promising and I'm pretty stoked for their next album.

Cnev

Reaction score
Aure Pereira. His solo stuff under the moniker "worC" is, in my opinion, one of the few truly interesting things to come out of the djent movement. I never hear or see anyone talking about him.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Dim Mak. A death/thrash metal band formed in 1996 that has/had three of the original members of Ripping corpse. Over time, guitarist, Shaune Kelley is the only original member still in the band. They have released 4 albums that are all solid. Solid as in, "old school death/thrash metal. Great f__king band. Have no idea why they aren't talked about. :scratch:

Rosal76

Reaction score
Abysmal Dawn

I tried to get into Abysmal dawn. I purchased, "Leveling the plane of existence" and could not get into it like I would like to have. I know they released two albums before "Leveling" so I "might" try and see what they are all about. Sometimes, bands older albums are better than their more recent ones, so. :cool:

Mr-Jemhead93

I think I'm profound
Reaction score
I'd say Slice the Cake is very under rated. I know for a fact most people won't give them the light of day just because their name is so ridiculous but these dudes are probably one of the best progressive deathcore bands out at the moment IMO

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
Petrychor:

compared to the likes of Alcest, Wolves in the Throne Room, Deafhaven etc.. basicly post-rock -ish black metal -ish things that seem to get a lot more attention.

The Forsaken rarely gets mentioned despite how amazingly techy death thrash they are. Oh so tight. Too bad glitches will tell hasn't been uploaded to yt, would've linked that one.

UCBmetal

Reaction score
New to the site, thought I'd try and make a thread for underrated bands/musicians. So anything you think doesn't get the attention or praise it should

Underrated bands in my opinion

This or the Apocalypse
Myka, Relocate
Darkest Hour

If this thread had been done lmk and I can delete it.

Yessss. Darkest Hour gets a bad rap a lot of the time. I mean, the Kris Norris era stuff was rightly un....withable, and I'd probably put Deliver Us up there as one of, if not the best, metalcore records ever done. Even though their style has gotten sliiightly more nickelbackcore, they still write damn good songs, and you gotta say it's rare that someone like kris leaves and the band gets guitar players that might actually be BETTER.

KJGaruda

Likes a good riff
Reaction score
Yes to Arsis and Darkest Hour.

I never hear The Sword or Anciients getting much love either