Underrated Bands/Musicians

• Thread starter CALLmeSANCHEZ
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EvA

bskaiwndhabworirnwsf
Reaction score
I have become slightly obsessed with these guys, I feel like they are very underrated, they are fantastic musicians and manage to write a ton of feel into their crazy wonderful music (although I believe with obsession comes bias :ugh:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fwd0120

Bipedal Hominid
Reaction score
Frank Dremel.
And 4 years ago I would have said the Phillip Phillips band....

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
Quite famous ones:

Deadlock

The Word Alive

Not so famous:

Marionette (Melodic Death Metal)

Dreamshade (Melodic Death Metal/Metalcore, one of the best 2013 releases IMO)

Dazzle Vision (J-Rock/Screamo, not their best songs out there on youtube, but anyway...)

The Color Morale (Melodic Metalcore, especially 2011 album)

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
It seems like no one really knows about this band which is one of my bigger influences on what I write. Kailash, from Italy, are THE experts of being technical and chill at the same time as being black metal and hardcore and jazz. Does that sound retarded? Probably, but listen to it and I guarantee it makes sense and sounds brilliant. There's even a great non-djent chill polyrhythm breakdown in this track. A chill breakdown you say? I dunno man, it just is. Sorry I couldn't find anything on youtube. But the writing is just so solid, and the drumming is insane.

Kailash - The Sleepers
Grooveshark - Free Music Streaming, Online Music

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
^If you like that track, their other best song is called 'Token'. I dunno why they don't put it on youtube or even their bandcamp (yeah, their self titled first album is not even on their own bandcamp. I don't get it). The Sleepers and Token are actually their only songs that are not instrumental, and also the two best songs.

fortisursus

Reaction score
Nerve End

These two are both new, but sooo amazing

Black Crown Initiate

Ovid's Withering