Unpopular Opinions

• Thread starter Mortargag
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
As far as looks, I dont really care if they have pickup rings or not, but I will say, direct mount is a much bigger pain in the ass to deal with.

Depends. If they're mounted with threaded inserts, they're the same ease of use as rings. I'm hoping more companies gravitate there instead of just pounding screws into the wood.

Shask

Reaction score
Depends. If they're mounted with threaded inserts, they're the same ease of use as rings. I'm hoping more companies gravitate there instead of just pounding screws into the wood.
Yeah, the threaded inserts do help a ton. However, I still think dealing with the foam and springs and such to get them sitting straight and not tilted is a bigger pain than pickup rings.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah, the threaded inserts do help a ton. However, I still think dealing with the foam and springs and such to get them sitting straight and not tilted is a bigger pain than pickup rings.

Totally fair assessment.