UPS - FEDEX - BUY - SELL - BROWN SANTA - EBAY - USPS - SHIP - RECEIVE

• Thread starter unconventional
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

unconventional

Reaction score
Do you guys ever get fucking burned out from this lifestyle?

Box, ship, run, receive, stand in line at the PO. Note on door, not home for signature.

Ebay, paypal, bank account, sell this, buy that, box it up. Shit no tape, off to the hardware.

Bank > paypal. Paypal > bank.

It gets to the point where I come home and there's a box from Brown Santa and I'm like :spock: DUH!!!! WTF is that? and I literally have no idea till I open the box. Unless of course it's an axe.

But last Friday I ordered a Epi V and I completely forgot I ordered it and it might be on my doorstep. I got a randall module coming. speakers coming. I got shit coming and going. Banjo out the door. Module shipped. Pickups over to Ireland for FUCKS SAKE, LOL

My wife use to get on my case about it. Now she can't keep track. Shit, I can't keep track.

I gotta fucking slow down. JHFC

:nuts:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
No, I've never gotten fucking burned out on that lifestyle. I'm more the "buy and hold" type. ;)

megalex

Reaction score
LoL I just did that this month.. My wife is going nutz with people knocking on the door delivering packages etc.. My room is full of boxes :p .. So bad my baby boy crawled in there and i had a hard time finding him and was freaking out he would chew on some cable or eat some packaging material.. I swear I will never get any more music shit.. ever.. ( yah right )

unconventional

Reaction score
I got clutter disorder. If I don't use it for a week, it goes, LOL.

Then I want to use it, remember I sold it and lose my shirt and buy another one.

But I don't mind losing my shirt. I consider it doing someone else a favor.

In fact, nobody really owns anything. Everything eventually goes back to the pile in the sky. Including us. Or the pile down below :scream:

The Trooper

Disposable Hero
Reaction score
You just described the last 1.5 months for me and gear... :nuts: I've tried everything under the sun, buying and selling...and like you, my wife can't keep track, so it's hard for her to complain anymore. My basement looks like a UPS warehouse on occasion with all the boxes and packaging materials I have. She gave up trying to make sense of it a long time ago after seeing it was a battle she wouldn't win. Now she just asks questions...

"So how is this one different than the other?"
"Is that thing some kind of amp? It looks like our DVR box."

And the ever popular:

"Didn't you just sell one of those a month ago...and you just bought another?!"

:cool:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
silly man!

just sit there with a guitar, unplugged, and play. dont touch anything. dont even visit this forum, as it wont help your cause any.

theeeen re-evaluate what you do and dont need, ignore what you want, and pop in and say hi.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
living that lifestyle is how ive survived all summer, ive only worked one week since mid may :lol:

just buy low and sell high,mostly locally. its how ive managed to you know, pay for food :lol:

Splees

splees
Reaction score
living that lifestyle is how ive survived all summer, ive only worked one week since mid may :lol:

just buy low and sell high,mostly locally. its how ive managed to you know, pay for food :lol:

I used to do that. :yesway: it sucks when you get things you really like and don't want to sell them.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm a compulsive researcher. I've probably only done 15-20 eBay transactions in my life, both buying and selling. I tend to seek out very particular things and hang onto them because they fulfill a particular need. But not everyone is like that... a lot of people use eBay as their try-before-you-buy channel, which is also cool.

But if i got to the point where i didn't know what was coming and what was going, yeah, i'd probably recognize that i'd hit the burnout point.