US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The funny thing to me is I live in a rural America, I myself am rather far right leaning, and am surrounded mostly by people on the right side of the aisle, I even know "extremists", and never once have I heard (not on the internet) people want to overthrow anything. Its mostly people that want to be left alone. Yea, you have dim-wits and people that want to act tough, but everyone I've met just wants the government to leave them alone.

The left understands the right as well as the right understands the left. And there's so few people willing to talk and compromise, on both sides. The country won't last if either extreme gets their way - they're too divided at this point. And it sucks, because generally you need some ideas from both sides.

And both sides need to start running better candidates. Career politicians are the worst. Local, state, and federal. They're just the worst.
I think extremists make it hard for BOTH sides.

The left, if you ask the right, are a bunch of communists who want to nationalize healthcare and ban pickup trucks and tax the rich to the point of poverty to pay for it, because of Bernie Sanders and, oh, AOC. And the right want to overthrow the government and replace it with Trump, because of the Proud Boys.

And we'll never run better candidates, because the equilibrium point for the US Constitution is two closely-balanced parties, and since both parties know this, most districts are gerrymandered within an inch of their lives so an incumbent's biggest risk is never the other party, it's someone even more extreme than they are.

I'll add a special place in hell for the GOP in that if anyone there manages to get SO extreme that even Republican voters won't support them, they know they can get a talking heads position on Fox News, and there really isn't an equivalent post-congressional job for the left if they similarly overstep. But, that's kinda small change here, bigger picture.

But, I do think we've hit an abnormal degree of polarization. And I kinda wonder if Trump's palace coup in the RNC, putting his daughter in law at the head and then firing all the moderates, is the first step towards that ending - it's possible Trump still wins in November, but the state and local level GOP infrastructure is in pretty bad shape right now and the Trump campaign is hoovering up most of the national fundraising, so it's still possible that Trump wins the presidency but in doing so guts the state-level parties and blows up the Congressional representation, and becomes a definitionally one-term president with a large Democratic majority in both chambers blocking him from actually doing anything, and then when he tries to run one of his kids in 2028 the Democrats trounce him and the GOP as we know it implodes. In that case, I think the most likely outcome is the Democrats fracture along establishment and progressive lines and establishment Democrats become the new US conservative party, realigning us with conservative policies everywhere else in the world. :lol:

Last edited:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Its mostly people that want to be left alone.
I don't understand this sentiment. Pretty much every big right-side-of-the-aisle talking point I've heard in the last while has had everything to do with control over others and nothing to do with being left alone. What are the right-leaning things that people are pushing for that involve leaving people alone? (With the exception of pandemic-related "mandates", which mostly don't apply anymore.)

Being against immigration has nothing to do with being left alone. Being against progressive LGBT identities is not about being left alone. Trying to keep religion tied into politics is not about being left alone. Refusing progressive health care changes, or education changes, are not about being left alone. Advocating against bodily autonomy for women is not about being left alone.

never once have I heard (not on the internet) people want to overthrow anything
Then what was January 6th all about? What were all the people insisting that the election was "stolen" talking about then? I dunno if it has any legitimacy, but I keep seeing talk about this "Project 25" aiming to completely reshape the government to conservative ideals.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
a bunch of communists who want to nationalize healthcare and ban pickup trucks and tax the rich to the point of poverty to pay for it
dd0.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol:

I mean, this is my bias speaking, for sure... but to me I've always thought the biggest difference between an establishment and progressive Democrat was method and degree, rather than objective. I want affordable and accessible healthcare and college tuition for all, too. I'm just not oppiosed to incremental and dare-i-say-it progressive change, rather than insisting we tear the whole thing down and blow it all up and start over from scratch. And I have a MUCH bigger time with the existence of poverty than I do the existence of wealth. If that makes me more of a moderate, then I'm ok with it.

But, like, the fundamental goals - improving access to education and healthcare, taking steps to halt and reverse climate change... 100% on board.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Advocating against bodily autonomy for women is not about being left alone.
I almost picked this up too - I do wonder how much of this is the party leadership getting away from voters. I think it's plainly the case in the case of abortion - Trump was the dog who caught his own tail there, and is dealing with a natonal backlash now as the GOP tries to push through ever-more-restrictive abortion bills, while most voters regardless of party affiliation think there should be at least SOME sort of access to abortion, and to IVF now that we've accidentally banned that in a few places, etc.

What I guess I don't have a handle on is shit like "bathroom bills" and gender-affirming care - is this a vocal extremist majority too, or are rank-and-file voters REALLY opposed to gender-affirming treatments to transgender Americans and to forcing people to use the bathroom that aligns with their "birth sex," regardless of what that looks like in practice? TERFs think the only reason you'd ever become a trans women is to rape "real women" - do Republican voters think so, too?

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
do Republican voters think so, too?
The problem is that you don't have to be "an extremist" to parrot, knowingly or not, some of the more extreme talking points if they come from your own team and get packaged as "common sense". Especially when they're billed as "not political issues" or the like. I know a fair number of folks who aren't politically active or informed who have parroted right-wing talking points as if they were just common sense "centrist" middle of the road truths. It's not useful, IMO, to separate out the extreme elements when they're so influential, by design, on the otherwise-not-extreme members.

I don't think anyone on this board would tag me as "right wing", but I've had times where I got sucked into the talking points and thought I was being "centrist" if I didn't think very hard about it.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
do Republican voters think so, too?
Actually, I'll go a step farther: how often do you hear someone describe right-leaning views as being "a silent majority"? There's very clearly a lot of effort put into portraying the right as being the default, the grounded, the obvious, etc. It's designed to be persuasive. So yeah, I do think a lot of republicans actually believe these things.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Actually, I'll go a step farther: how often do you hear someone describe right-leaning views as being "a silent majority"? There's very clearly a lot of effort put into portraying the right as being the default, the grounded, the obvious, etc. It's designed to be persuasive. So yeah, I do think a lot of republicans actually believe these things.
Not since the Nixon era, thankfully. He kinda tarnished that term beyond repair. These days no one calls it that but it's probably some variation of "I'm fiscally conservative, but socially liberal," which also, I'd argue, doesn't really exist.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I can’t for a second fathom the legitimacy of “just want to be left alone” when fuckbags like DeSantis sign shit into law requiring parents to fill out paperwork just to ensure their kids can go by a nickname instead of their given name. And his voting base agrees with him.

That’s petty as fuck and the opposite of leaving people alone. If I were in school my parents would actually have to fill out paperwork to call me “Drew” instead of “Andrew” and we surely spent a bunch of tax dollars getting that drafted into law.

BUT! BUT!!! He HAS absolutely been leaving The People alone when it comes to the same insurance companies that contributed to his campaign started bailing from the state and ole Ronnie just sat back and didn’t do a damn thing. Now Florida has the 2nd highest foreclosure rate in the country under NC. With 9% inflation hitting the state, people losing their premiums, sorry The People, those insurance companies need your money more than you do! They gotta give it to some more Republicans!

Maybe…..just maybe, he won’t sign the bill banning homeless people from sleeping in public. I mean, surely Ron understands people just want to be left alone so he’d never sign that bill.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like there's a lot to unpack in those who replied to me - I'll try and hit a brief overview of what I think and see from my group of friends/family/etc. but of course it'll be heavily my views and biases.

I'm very anti-abortion, because I do believe it is wrong and murder. But I will also add I'm very religious, and despite the crap I say I jest, I really do try my hardest to align my life to my faith. So I'll avoid this one, because of my extreme bias. I can't really debate it politically.

I also think the trans-stuff is wrong. I believe in personal freedom, so if an adult chooses to do so, that's their choice. But I don't think a child should be allowed to have any operations done to them. They aren't adults yet, chopping off any body parts when they could regret it or change their mind is something they can never fully come back from. And thats a scary thought. If you're an adult? Your life, your choice. I'm not one that is wanting to tell people what to do when it effects them and soley them.

@TedEH I think the J6 thing was mob mentality, and a lot of the dim-wits. And i think it was also exaggerated by a degree to the people that could capitalize on it. This is something most people here will rally against me on. I know a lot of people that think the election was rigged to varying degrees, but all of them (to my knowledge) would agree storming a building (which effectively hurts their cause and doesn't help) is useless.

As for being left alone? Free speech - don't censor, and that goes both ways. Don't censor the left or right. Firearms? Stop trying to regulate them further. Stop with the red flag laws that allow confiscation before a trial. Stop with the magazine bans/weapon bans. Just like with anything else, small groups will ruin it for the rest of us. Border? Keep it closed. If you want to come here, do it legally. If you think that process needs changed, then let's change it - not just let anyone in.

I'm not sure on the education bit - I'll be honest, I needed a small break from politics and the last 3mo or so I've kept my head down. I'll have to look into it. I do think our education system is trash. It's just terrible.

Back to my bias - I think having some level of Christian values is beneficial for society. Most the values, even if you're agnostic or atheist, are net positives and don't hurt to have as a society.

I think generally the talking heads either go too far, or lose sight of the goal, and it misrepresents the people.

I agree with @Drew on some of his points. I think the polarization is one of the largest problems. Because if nobody is willing to work together, and each side truly believes if the other side wins that it'll be the end of the US, we are only going to make things worse and that will become almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I disagree with the notion that Trump is going to be a dictator or end the world or anything like that. I never voted for him in a primary, but I did vote for him, and I'll be voting for him in November, since he's the candidate again, and 3rd party candidates are currently useless in Presidential elections. I think his term as president was great. He didnt do perfect, no politician will, but life was good.

I will also add I'm looking forward to a post-trump Republican party...back to my point of I wish both sides would run better candidates. Who said "The people I want to run for office don't want to run for office", or something like that. It's true. The people best suited for those positions would never want them. Politics is completely terrible these days. I'm fully convinced neither side, none of them, really want the best for us.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The funny thing to me is I live in a rural America, I myself am rather far right leaning, and am surrounded mostly by people on the right side of the aisle, I even know "extremists", and never once have I heard (not on the internet) people want to overthrow anything. Its mostly people that want to be left alone. Yea, you have dim-wits and people that want to act tough, but everyone I've met just wants the government to leave them alone.

The left understands the right as well as the right understands the left. And there's so few people willing to talk and compromise, on both sides. The country won't last if either extreme gets their way - they're too divided at this point. And it sucks, because generally you need some ideas from both sides.

And both sides need to start running better candidates. Career politicians are the worst. Local, state, and federal. They're just the worst.
a little late on the response to this one. Apologies. I was in a meeting.

It's no so much that the people themselves individually may say they do or don't want to overthrow the gov on a micro level, but they're 100% all in on a candidate that does 100% want to overthrow the government and has in fact already tried once tried with Trump. So if they vote for that, they are indeed supporting it, and are in effect wanting that whether they know it or not. imho of course.

JSanta

Reaction score
I feel like there's a lot to unpack in those who replied to me - I'll try and hit a brief overview of what I think and see from my group of friends/family/etc. but of course it'll be heavily my views and biases.

I'm very anti-abortion, because I do believe it is wrong and murder. But I will also add I'm very religious, and despite the crap I say I jest, I really do try my hardest to align my life to my faith. So I'll avoid this one, because of my extreme bias. I can't really debate it politically.

I also think the trans-stuff is wrong. I believe in personal freedom, so if an adult chooses to do so, that's their choice. But I don't think a child should be allowed to have any operations done to them. They aren't adults yet, chopping off any body parts when they could regret it or change their mind is something they can never fully come back from. And thats a scary thought. If you're an adult? Your life, your choice. I'm not one that is wanting to tell people what to do when it effects them and soley them.

@TedEH I think the J6 thing was mob mentality, and a lot of the dim-wits. And i think it was also exaggerated by a degree to the people that could capitalize on it. This is something most people here will rally against me on. I know a lot of people that think the election was rigged to varying degrees, but all of them (to my knowledge) would agree storming a building (which effectively hurts their cause and doesn't help) is useless.

As for being left alone? Free speech - don't censor, and that goes both ways. Don't censor the left or right. Firearms? Stop trying to regulate them further. Stop with the red flag laws that allow confiscation before a trial. Stop with the magazine bans/weapon bans. Just like with anything else, small groups will ruin it for the rest of us. Border? Keep it closed. If you want to come here, do it legally. If you think that process needs changed, then let's change it - not just let anyone in.

I'm not sure on the education bit - I'll be honest, I needed a small break from politics and the last 3mo or so I've kept my head down. I'll have to look into it. I do think our education system is trash. It's just terrible.

Back to my bias - I think having some level of Christian values is beneficial for society. Most the values, even if you're agnostic or atheist, are net positives and don't hurt to have as a society.

I think generally the talking heads either go too far, or lose sight of the goal, and it misrepresents the people.

I agree with @Drew on some of his points. I think the polarization is one of the largest problems. Because if nobody is willing to work together, and each side truly believes if the other side wins that it'll be the end of the US, we are only going to make things worse and that will become almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I disagree with the notion that Trump is going to be a dictator or end the world or anything like that. I never voted for him in a primary, but I did vote for him, and I'll be voting for him in November, since he's the candidate again, and 3rd party candidates are currently useless in Presidential elections. I think his term as president was great. He didnt do perfect, no politician will, but life was good.

I will also add I'm looking forward to a post-trump Republican party...back to my point of I wish both sides would run better candidates. Who said "The people I want to run for office don't want to run for office", or something like that. It's true. The people best suited for those positions would never want them. Politics is completely terrible these days. I'm fully convinced neither side, none of them, really want the best for us.

I appreciate your rational and sincere response, even if there are many points I disagree with. Thank you for being cordial.

I do have one thing I'm hoping you can answer for me, because the Christians I know that support Trump always go back to abortion and weapons. As a Christian yourself, how do you support someone like Trump that seems to be the antithesis of the teachings of the Bible? I wouldn't call myself a Biblical scholar in the slightest, but the things I hear my pastor say about Jesus and the themes of the Bible don't seem to align with who Trump appears as a person. Does it really come back to "he's the anti-abortion guy, so everything else he says and does is irrevevant" or something more?

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
They aren't adults yet, chopping off any body parts when they could regret it
For the record, the "children are chopping off body parts" thing is conservative myth. In the vast majority of places, there's a huge process that happens, if someone even wants that (because trans doesn't mean sex-change), including evaluations and therapy, etc., long before anyone considers chopping anything off.
I think having some level of Christian values is beneficial for society.
If you're an atheist, it's very possible to read this as extreme. Because if by "Christian values" you mean morals, you don't need religion for that. Calling them "Christian values" implies something that "morals" does not, otherwise why not just say "morals". Morality being not an objective thing that you can claim will be the same value between a religious person and a non-religious person means that you'd have to be much more specific than that. I'd have to ask what are those values that you might believe non-Christians don't have, that are an objective benefit to everyone?

Free speech
Free speech is, IMO, a cop out. Much like the other point, I think it's rooted in a myth that leftists want censorship. I don't think leftists aren't against free speech. We're against using that free speech to cause harm which is very different than being against free speech. They're against harassment and systemic prejudice. They're against restricting the public's equal freedom to put you in your place if you say something objectionable. I'd again have to ask for more detail - what do you think the left wants to censor? And of those things, which ones impede something you would otherwise have a legitimate use for or desire to express? Because again - It's like they always say on the internet, you're free to speak, but you're not free from consequences. Someone like myself might advocate for hate-speech bans in online spaces but that doesn't make hate speech illegal (online spaces are privately owned, so they can moderate as they please - which I would think is a very conservative view - allowing the private owner of a space to make their own rules for its use).

Consider for a moment that of all of the text in that one large-ish post, only one paragraph had anything to do with being left alone, and even within that one paragraph, I don't think borders count as a "just leave us alone" policy - that's quite literally having a hand in the lives of (potential) immigrants.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate your rational and sincere response, even if there are many points I disagree with. Thank you for being cordial.

I do have one thing I'm hoping you can answer for me, because the Christians I know that support Trump always go back to abortion and weapons. As a Christian yourself, how do you support someone like Trump that seems to be the antithesis of the teachings of the Bible? I wouldn't call myself a Biblical scholar in the slightest, but the things I hear my pastor say about Jesus and the themes of the Bible don't seem to align with who Trump appears as a person. Does it really come back to "he's the anti-abortion guy, so everything else he says and does is irrevevant" or something more?
Yea man, I think being cordial is the only way to discuss these things - anything else leads to chaos lol and I'm only 25, this will be my third time I've even been eligible to vote for a President - I'm more than willing to accept and acknowledge that I could be wrong.

I hate to do this, but if you could give examples as to how he is/was the antithesis of biblical teachings? I do a little better at responding to more dialed in questions than broad stuff. But no, I don't blindly support him because he's anti-abortion.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yea man, I think being cordial is the only way to discuss these things - anything else leads to chaos lol and I'm only 25, this will be my third time I've even been eligible to vote for a President - I'm more than willing to accept and acknowledge that I could be wrong.

I hate to do this, but if you could give examples as to how he is/was the antithesis of biblical teachings? I do a little better at responding to more dialed in questions than broad stuff. But no, I don't blindly support him because he's anti-abortion.
oh man..Ok I'll bite. I'll probably regret this lol, but I have some time to kill while the west coast is out to lunch.

Trump has himself stated he's never asked for forgiveness from God because "he's never done anything wrong." (to paraphrase) There is a video out there of it if you need to look it up. You cannot be Christian if you have never asked for forgiveness. That is fundamental to the core beliefs of the religion no matter what version of it you follow.

He also doesn't forgive. The new testament says if you do not forgive, you yourself will not be forgiven. That's not a suggestion. That's a command. And it's one that many christians forget since they don't actually read the bible, and just listen to a preacher in a pulpit.

He lives on hate. He lives on retribution. He lives on selfishness. He also tries to rile other people up to do the same. Jesus is none of those things.

The apostle Paul says over and over throughout his letters to be kind, be gentle, be self controlled. Trump is none of those things.

Jesus Christ says to love your enemies. Love your neighbors. Have you ever seen Trump do that even once?

I can come up with more stuff, but there are countless examples on why Trump is the antithesis of Jesus' teachings.

/me stands down from soapbox.

And apologies to everyone for turning this thread into religion.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the record, the "children are chopping off body parts" thing is conservative myth. In the vast majority of places, there's a huge process that happens, if someone even wants that (because trans doesn't mean sex-change), including evaluations and therapy, etc., long before anyone considers chopping anything off.

If you're an atheist, it's very possible to read this as extreme. Because if by "Christian values" you mean morals, you don't need religion for that. Calling them "Christian values" implies something that "morals" does not, otherwise why not just say "morals". Morality being not an objective thing that you can claim will be the same value between a religious person and a non-religious person means that you'd have to be much more specific than that. I'd have to ask what are those values that you might believe non-Christians don't have, that are an objective benefit to everyone?

Free speech is, IMO, a cop out. Much like the other point, I think it's rooted in a myth that leftists want censorship. I don't think leftists aren't against free speech. We're against using that free speech to cause harm which is very different than being against free speech. They're against harassment and systemic prejudice. They're against restricting the public's equal freedom to put you in your place if you say something objectionable. I'd again have to ask for more detail - what do you think the left wants to censor? And of those things, which ones impede something you would otherwise have a legitimate use for or desire to express? Because again - It's like they always say on the internet, you're free to speak, but you're not free from consequences. Someone like myself might advocate for hate-speech bans in online spaces but that doesn't make hate speech illegal (online spaces are privately owned, so they can moderate as they please - which I would think is a very conservative view - allowing the private owner of a space to make their own rules for its use).

Consider for a moment that of all of the text in that one large-ish post, only one paragraph had anything to do with being left alone, and even within that one paragraph, I don't think borders count as a "just leave us alone" policy - that's quite literally having a hand in the lives of (potential) immigrants.
You could be right, it could be a myth, but even if it hasn't happened a single time (it could have), I am absolutely against kids altering their bodies. Even if it hasn't happened yet. I'm still against the trans thing in general. I'm not calling a dude a chick, and you can't make me. In fact, a dude can't make me call him a dude. Unless he's someone like Jon Jones. He could for sure make me :lol:

Free speech isn't really a cop out. Most censorship I see is online too - and I agree with you, private platforms (Meta, Twitter/X, even SSO) have every right to decide what their policies are and if the mods decide to kick me off, that's their right and I agree with it. But there is/was/has been censorship in the less traditional way (or so I've heard, I'm not tech savvy) of Google burying or downright hiding content it disagrees with. It was a few years ago (probably 2021-ish) when someone did a report on how many Republican Candidates websites and articles had been buried and hidden. Hell, I think something like that happened to Tulsi Gabbard at one point? Again, I'm not a tech guy, so I could be wrong. I do remember hearing a lot about that sort of thing. And the shadow-ban stuff. You could argue it's all fine because the internet isn't a free and public forum, websites are all 'private', and you'd be right. I do think it's shady. But so is everything with the government. I'm interested on your thoughts on this one, I feel like I've seen in other threads you have some tech-know-how.

I'd argue that having a less-open border is being left alone. Potential immigrants shouldn't get to benefit from our system, illegal immigrants shouldn't get to benefit from our system. And I, personally, would like the government to leave me alone for a large part. I did say a lot of it would be mostly my thoughts and opinions. I don't speak for anyone else. But yea, I would love to be left alone to raise my family.

I'm not super in-touch with the Libertarian movement, but they have a few good ideas. I think the government is a necessary evil. Both sides are evil though.

Sorry Ted, I know that's probably not what you were looking for.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score

I'll reiterate the consensus here that I appreciate that, while you're disagreeing, you're doing so in a civil manner and in a way where we can actually discuss. That's awesome!

On abortion, just so I fully understand your position - while, for you, this is a deeply held belief that you don't feel you can debate, does this still rise to the level of abortion access being consistent with "people being left alone"? Or are you saying here that while generally you believe that, on this specific question abortion should be federally illegal and it's ok for the government to interfere with the desires of anyone who wants one? If so, do you see any exceptions here? Life or severe risk to health of the mother? Rape or incest? non-viable fetus?

On trans care, I hear your views that people under the age of medical consent should not be able to make irreversible medical choices. I agree this is a grey area. However, how about treatment options that allow them to block irreversible choices? Specifically I'm thinking of hormone blockers - do you have any objection to a youth assigned male at birth taking testosterone suppression drugs while under 18 to prevent some of the irreversible changes that occur during puberty - voice, body hair, etc - or a youth assigned female taking estrogen blockers to prevent the development of breasts, until they turn 18 and can consent as adults to having medical procedures done? These are huge choices for an adolescent to be making, but to me, this seems more consisrtent with keeping options on the table than it does irreversible medical procedures.

JSanta

Reaction score

oh man..Ok I'll bite. I'll probably regret this lol, but I have some time to kill while the west coast is out to lunch.

Trump has himself stated he's never asked for forgiveness from God because "he's never done anything wrong." (to paraphrase) There is a video out there of it if you need to look it up. You cannot be Christian if you have never asked for forgiveness. That is fundamental to the core beliefs of the religion no matter what version of it you follow.

He also doesn't forgive. The new testament says if you do not forgive, you yourself will not be forgiven. That's not a suggestion. That's a command. And it's one that many christians forget since they don't actually read the bible, and just listen to a preacher in a pulpit.

He lives on hate. He lives on retribution. He lives on selfishness. He also tries to rile other people up to do the same. Jesus is none of those things.

The apostle Paul says over and over throughout his letters to be kind, be gentle, be self controlled. Trump is none of those things.

Jesus Christ says to love your enemies. Love your neighbors. Have you ever seen Trump do that even once?

I can come up with more stuff, but there are countless examples on why Trump is the antithesis of Jesus' teachings.

/me stands down from soapbox.

And apologies to everyone for turning this thread into religion.

thebeesknees22 pretty much conveyed my thoughts, probably more concise and effectively than I would have. I think there's also the extreme intolerance (shit-hole countries, anti-LBGTQ, racism, grab 'em by the pussy, etc...), the multiple divorces, affairs, and continuous lies that are also unlike what I have been taught about the teachings of Jesus. And while not directly biblical, I am also curious how someone like Trump that aligns themselves to any of the monotheistic religions could be so happy to admire dictators with crushing human rights records could be considered living by the teachings of the Bible.

Dunno, doesn't seem very Christian to me.