US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dude. We would certainly get along. Politics brings the worst out of people because it's a passionate topic. I'm a regular guy social butterfly type when not on the internet arguing with you all. While I do well for myself, you wouldn't know it. Modest car, modest house, etc.
Hey, don't discount the possibility that I'm actually an asshole in the person, writing from a 24 karat gold ("weighted keys? I'll raise you one") from a remote mountaintop mansion on a private island somewhere. I could be lying about being a Bostonian. ...though, some would argue that's reason enough to assume I'm probably an asshole in person. :lol:

But yeah, remarkable change in tone in the last few pages.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
So, are we still flying in, but for hugs now?

Whoa. Reverse heel turn.

01_DL0101S.jpg

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, don't discount the possibility that I'm actually an asshole in the person, writing from a 24 karat gold ("weighted keys? I'll raise you one") from a remote mountaintop mansion on a private island somewhere. I could be lying about being a Bostonian. ...though, some would argue that's reason enough to assume I'm probably an asshole in person. :lol:

But yeah, remarkable change in tone in the last few pages.
Speaking of Boston - super horrible situation with the bridge getting taken out by the ship.

I read an article where a couple engineers were saying they believed that the bridge wasn't what it should have been structurally. I've been in construction my entire adult really (still not very long lol), but I imagine it would have been a huge undertaking to update that bridge.

In any event, it'll be a big job (and a LOT of money for a company) to rebuild it.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
...that was BALTIMORE
I legit just came back to edit that post lol

New England states are all so small and I get confused lol my company does a lot of work in both cities, I'm all jumbled lol

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I legit just came back to edit that post lol

New England states are all so small and I get confused lol my company does a lot of work in both cities, I'm all jumbled lol
:lol:

Massholes get so few well wishes, let me have this! :lol:

But yeah, what a mercy that it happened at 1am when almost no one was on the bridge.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I read there were 7 people / cars who ended up in the water, but still a relative "count your blessings" moment compared to the alternative, I suppose.

And here we have an actual moment for the construction experts to shine - could a bridge like that ever really be expected to sustain a head-on collision from a cargo ship? I would have guess a bridge is typically designed to withstand certain kinds of extreme weather and some small impacts, but a cargo ship has got to be an unimaginable amount of force to sustain.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
And here we have an actual moment for the construction experts to shine - could a bridge like that ever really be expected to sustain a head-on collision from a cargo ship? I would have guess a bridge is typically designed to withstand certain kinds of extreme weather and some small impacts, but a cargo ship has got to be an unimaginable amount of force to sustain.
I can't imagine what COULD, but I am absolutely not an expert.