US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

• Thread starter mongey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I actually was an animal rights activist for a while. (Until I couldn’t tolerate the vegans anymore)

Shooting puppies in the face is bad.

That better?
Oh jesus, I'd forgotten about your vegan/animal rights protest kick there. :lol: 100% can confirm, he was a little nuts about this. :lol: With all respect, Rev, haha. :yesway:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting. Is this like an ITT Tech kind of situation?

Similar yeah, the Art Institutes were private schools who'd let anyone in even though you had to submit a portfolio with X/Y/Z criteria; like, some of the people I met in there, it was obvious they'd be gone within a year or so, and they'd just out that money, but I had SOME hope that even with that ...less than stellar entry level, the degree had some legitimacy to it, but nope! It was just a straight "for profit" college that offered zero help after I graduated. We had a fairly revolving dean's chair in the latter years because it meant you drew the short straw to take the blame for the time being, I recall several instances of my former guidance counselor/career advisor outright failing to meet me for a schedule appointment that I would drive an hour in/out for because he was suddenly bumped up to Dean, and then when we WOULD meet, the jobs he had were dogshit and not relevant.

It closed I think maybe 2-3 years after I got my degree, so for the 9 years I've been paying loans back, 6-7 of those have been for a school that no one can even attend anymore

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Similar yeah, the Art Institutes were private schools who'd let anyone in even though you had to submit a portfolio with X/Y/Z criteria; like, some of the people I met in there, it was obvious they'd be gone within a year or so, and they'd just out that money, but I had SOME hope that even with that ...less than stellar entry level, the degree had some legitimacy to it, but nope! It was just a straight "for profit" college that offered zero help after I graduated. We had a fairly revolving dean's chair in the latter years because it meant you drew the short straw to take the blame for the time being, I recall several instances of my former guidance counselor/career advisor outright failing to meet me for a schedule appointment that I would drive an hour in/out for because he was suddenly bumped up to Dean, and then when we WOULD meet, the jobs he had were dogshit and not relevant.

It closed I think maybe 2-3 years after I got my degree, so for the 9 years I've been paying loans back, 6-7 of those have been for a school that no one can even attend anymor
Im still paying my student loan for Trump University. RIP

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Oh jesus, I'd forgotten about your vegan/animal rights protest kick there. :lol: 100% can confirm, he was a little nuts about this. :lol: With all respect, Rev, haha. :yesway:

Totally fair. :lol:

While I was plant-based for 5 years after that, the activism didn’t last too long on account of being surrounded by fucking twats nonstop. I eat chicken and a teeny bit of dairy now.

Last edited:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
When people make condescending statements, that is the type of response they will receive. Don't be an asshat and you will not get the asshat response.
You were being condescending to narad. Don't be an asshat and you will not get the asshat response.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I've avoided posting in this thread for a long time due to the "worship Biden's amazingness" thing when he's just not that amazing and really only does well at not being Trump. But, despite knowing that DrewH is the ultimate shit-stirring idiot, I just had to point out:
They were able to delay med weed a bit because of rules, regulations, etc. But, once this passes, that's it. We'll be able to walk into a dispensary, buy weed, and he won't be able to do shit about it. Thats why these amendments on the ballot are so powerful, because they CAN'T fuck with it after. Every state needs to get both weed and abortion on the ballot so this can be settled once and for all.
Check into Noem's history. We passed medical and recreational by a margin of something like sixty-five percent of the voting public. Noem went full commando shit-head and got recreational permanently blocked, then cooked as much as she could to widdle medical back. Nothing is over for Republican leaders when the public votes. We literally had her on TV telling us, over and over, "The voting public is not smart enough to understand what it's voting on. We must protect them from themselves."

THAT is the Republican view of their constituents. And I guarantee you, DeSantis *IS* studying how Noem managed to block the will of the voting public. Hells, the whole Republican party were probably watching that shit-show test on a low-population state just to see if there was anything they could steal for their up-coming votes.
Jesus Wept. Glades finally brings the funny. Guess I picked the right day to come back.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What? Are we in the same thread? I don't think anyone here worships Biden.

If they haven't been around in quite some time I could understand. Folks were a bit more optimistic of Biden, myself included, circa 2021.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
paul-bearer-undertaker-urn-june-5-a.jpg

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wasn't there a class action lawsuit about that, that thought resulted in at least some debt forgiveness, since the whole thing ended up being a scam?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
There was some Biden dick riding by Drew (the one without an H) on a few occasions.
I don't love your metaphor, but I do think early on he outperformed expectations. Admittedly, they were low - he came in as Generic White Male Democrat, and actually racked up a number of legislative wins in the first couple years that I wouldn't have expected. I think there's still a decent shot that he'll be reasonably well regarded historically... but his having-it-both-ways about Israel and Gaza is really getting his administration bogged down in ways that are hurting him (ignoring any broader impacts they're having, focusing purely on his probable legacy)/

The juxtposition of Trump and Biden is interesting - one was an outsider and flailed around for three years because he simply didn't know how to work within the government, the other was an insider and long term Senator, and was able to leverage his background and relationships there to be unexpectedly effective. Then, they both got slammed by outside crises in their last year or so.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't love your metaphor, but I do think early on he outperformed expectations. Admittedly, they were low - he came in as Generic White Male Democrat, and actually racked up a number of legislative wins in the first couple years that I wouldn't have expected. I think there's still a decent shot that he'll be reasonably well regarded historically...
The stan-ing about the scale and scope of the infrastructure plan is mostly what I had in mind. It was a lot of money with not a lot of direct benefit to Main Street, and that was his signature accomplishment?