US Super Storm Check In

• Thread starter ThePIGI King
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had some huge storms with large hail and tornadoes rip from Texas through St. Louis last night, and Kentucky is getting hammered now. I'm slated to get absolutely crushed with tornado warnings here in a couple hours.

Just wishing all in the path of this crazy storm safety for you and your families. Stay safe, and pay attention to the weather today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
We pretty much missed out on this one here in central Texas although my sister lives north-west of Columbus. Looks like they had some nasty stuff move through there last night. Sadly we need more rain down here but at least we dodged yesterday's bullet so... take the good with the bad. Stay safe up there, man.

feilong29

Reaction score
I'm here in Ohio with ya. Hopefully it won't turn out so bad but it seems promising to be so.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Keep your trees trimmed and your powder dry.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Is this the same storm front that'll be hitting Boston tomorrow and Thursday as rain turning into snow?

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm pretty much done with climate change and the extreme weather we've been getting the last several years. I happened to pick the Friday before the weekend where most of Vermont flooded to ride down the length of the state on my road bike, and caught the start of the downpour in the afternoon (and as it was had to reroute around a couple washed-out stretches of Route 100). It was a fucking mess, just buckets of water coming down on my brother and I. Not a good time at all.

jaxadam

Reaction score
434943902-850287967141404-6367236029125612191-n.jpg

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know a single non-white person who makes tacos like those god damn Old El Paso kits they sell in the supermarket
Speaking of Old El Paso... My daughter got some of their Queso Fiesta Twists recently. Guess where they're made?

Canada.

Because NOTHING is more TexMex than Canada :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of Old El Paso... My daughter got some of their Queso Fiesta Twists recently. Guess where they're made?

Canada.

I had to google these to confirm, and they're exactly what I thought they'd be; they just took Taco Bell's former menu items and slapped their names on it, namely the cinnamon churo one.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Isn't it weird that the bible belt overlaps with the tornado belt so neatly?

Here in Indiana, we are getting lots of heavy storms too.

spudmunkey

Reaction score

Canada.

Canada is also the home of "Hawaiian Pizza" and the "California Roll". I think it's aspirational optimism, similar to how the UK has one of the highest ratio of convertible vs fixed roof car ownership in the world.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Oh good, snow on April 4th after we were just sitting around 50°F these past week, just what everyone was asking for

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Winds are absolutely nuts here - I left my bike at home and took the subway into work, and could barely walk into the wind on the way to the T at one point, and then after taking a right turn up to the station got blown sideways a step or two when I reached a gap between two buildings. :lol:

Light dusting of snow overnight that's mostly gone, but we weren't expected to get any so that's probably saying something.