USA Dean RC7

• Thread starter Blind Theory
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Alright, I've never done a review on a guitar, anywhere. Since I've gotten my RC7 I feel inspired to do so. I'll just give a run down based off of the categories I rated.

Features:
Alright, I am completely and utterly new to the wonderful world of Floyd Rose bridges. What can I say? The bridge is simply amazing. I've toyed around with one on an Agile Interceptor Pro 727 and it felt so much stiffer than the RC7. Of course the quality is obviously better but that is all I have to go off of. The control layout is great, too. I've always wanted a guitar with one volume and that's it. It is a nice change to me. The EMG's are really nice pickups to my surprise. I was a little skeptical because they are so 50/50 with reviews online. My first actives and I love 'em!

Sound:
Like I mentioned (and is already known), the RC7 has EMG's in it. I believe the body is mahogany or something like that. I'm not entirely sure but I tune down to drop A (which isn't very far down), and it just sings. Great lows and crystal clear solo sounds just come from everywhere.

Action, Fit and Finish:
The action...well, if you know how to set up a guitar then the action can be amazing. The neck is SUPER, super thin. With the large frets it makes it such an amazing guitar to play. The deep cutaway of the lower horn makes soloing just easy. The finish is different for me as I own a custom shop RC7 in neon green. I can say that the custom shop guys did an amazing job with the paint though.

Reliability:
I haven't had it very long but I gave this category a 5/5. With everything that it has showed me so far I find it hard to believe it isn't reliable.

Overall:
If you have the cash (this isn't a cheap guitar) then this is one of the top buys for the money. Hands down. Hope this helps someone.

Saber_777

///M
Reaction score
I am looking to buy one, did you buy the G or X? I know I have seen a green X here before.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure the difference. The X is the import and the G is the USA version, right? If so, then I have the G. You'd have to elaborate for me on that one. I own the green RC7 by the way.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.