Vader -VS- Krank revolution

• Thread starter Geoffrey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Geoffrey

Reaction score
What's the difference between a 4*12 Vader cabinet and a 4*12 Krank revolution cabinet.
I want the sound from the Vader cab, but its difficult to get a Vader to Belgium (Europe).
So i was searching on the net and i saw that a Krank revolution also have Eminence Legend speakers.

So they come close to the Vader cabinet?
Because i then i could buy me a Krank cabinet until Vader has distribution in Europe...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheRiverDragon

Reaction score
The Krank cab is frontloaded, the Vader cab is rearloaded.

The Krank cab is loaded with Eminence Legend V12s, the Vader cab is loaded with Eminence Legend Customs. Both speakers sound totally different. The V12 is one of Eminence's take on the V30 (with some differences of course) and the Customs are very neutral speakers.

Both cabs are oversized and are build with the same wood, I think.

To get into the direction of the Vader sound you would have to change speakers in the Krank for something more neutral. For example you could load the cab with EVM12L, Eminence Delta Pro 12As (similar to a EVM12Ls) or Celestion G12K-100s.

Hope that helped a bit.

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
River Dragon is correct on the speakers. The Vaders i believe are made of your typical 13 ply birch, but the Kranks Rev and Krankenstien cabs are supposed to made with solid woods. They resonate differently from most cabs and some people don't like that. The bracing internally is different also, which essentially changes the tuning of the cab.

I say try a Krank cab before you buy one, even if you plan on changing the speakers. Another option would be to buy an inexpensive over sized birch ply cab (Randall XL, Krank SST, Madison, Marshall Mode 4, etc) and then change the speakers. Some of the Mode 4 cabs already have the Celestion k100s in them even, they are the 400 watt versions.

Geoffrey

Reaction score
Oooooh.. owkey..
I thought that the Emence Legend v12 speakers came close the custom speakers in the Vader cabs.
But these speakers come closer to the custom speakers then: EVM12L, Eminence Delta Pro 12As (similar to a EVM12Ls) or Celestion G12K-100s.

I check these out then..
Celestion is no option.. I deffinetly want Eminence speakers.

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
Another option is seeing if you can find some Eminence Legend modeling speakers, except they stopped making them a few years back. Its possible they are almost the same speakers in the Vaders.

Geoffrey

Reaction score
I found a second hand Marshall mode4 cabinet with G12-k100 speakers .. on saterday i'm goin to check the cab out.

Thanks a lot for the help guys!!!

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I found a second hand Marshall mode4 cabinet with G12-k100 speakers .. on saterday i'm goin to check the cab out.

Thanks a lot for the help guys!!!

Keep in mind that's a rear-loaded cab, where those speakers typically seem to sound best in a front-loaded cab. Let us know what you think, though.

Geoffrey

Reaction score
The cab was allready sold... :realmad:

I dont understand what you mean TMM.. A Vader cab is also rearloaded.
So when i buy a Marhall M4 cab and i put 4 Eminence Delta Pro 12As in it i could kinda have the Vader sound..

redstar audio

Reaction score
So when i buy a Marhall M4 cab and i put 4 Eminence Delta Pro 12As in it i could kinda have the Vader sound..

A Delta Pro 12A does not sound at all like anything from the Legend series. Doesn't matter if they're "custom built for XXX" or not. They are radically different drivers. I can't tell you what they'll sound like in a M4, but I guarantee you it won't sound like a Vader cab.

Geoffrey

Reaction score
A Delta Pro 12A does not sound at all like anything from the Legend series. Doesn't matter if they're "custom built for XXX" or not. They are radically different drivers. I can't tell you what they'll sound like in a M4, but I guarantee you it won't sound like a Vader cab.

Like i said.. i cant buy a Vader cab where i live.
So i want a cab with speakers that go in the direction of the Vader cab.

redstar audio

Reaction score
Like i said.. i cant buy a Vader cab where i live.
So i want a cab with speakers that go in the direction of the Vader cab.

As I said, Delta-Pro 12A drivers will *not* give you a cab that sounds like a Vader, no matter what you put them in.

Closest would be Legend V128 drivers, in my opinion.

Vstro

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure i heard they're working on getting some distro for Vader in Europe. It may be worth shooting them an email and seeing about that.

Geoffrey

Reaction score
i could never play a Vader, but yoiu can read my impressions of the Krank Revolution cab here: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ge...-happening-here-live-56k-maybe-o-k-total.html

Thanks man!!
It's cool to finally read a good revieuw about a Krank cabinet!!

To get into the direction of the Vader sound you would have to change speakers in the Krank for something more neutral. For example you could load the cab with EVM12L, Eminence Delta Pro 12As (similar to a EVM12Ls) or Celestion G12K-100s.

As I said, Delta-Pro 12A drivers will *not* give you a cab that sounds like a Vader, no matter what you put them in.

Closest would be Legend V128 drivers, in my opinion.

:scratch:
Me no getty it anymore...