Verse Vica - new US prog/tech metal band - FFO: BTBAM, AAL

• Thread starter Nykur_Myrkvi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Wow I'm digging this a bunch. Tommy Rogers eque growls (more so how it jives with the music) with Mike Lessard cleans. Guitar sounds nice.

ThtOthrPrsn

Unconventional
Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for more of their stuff!
Always love hearing new bands, thanks for posting it.

AugmentedFourth

X:1 K:C [c^f]|
Reaction score
Wow, this is actually pretty nice. When I see these threads with "prog metal" in the title I click them, usually only to be disappointed. But these sound like some actually pretty stellar compositions.

The transition at 0:45 sounded really good and I liked the riff that they faded out. It felt almost math rock-esque, like Native gone prog metal. :lol: But you know the transition is good when the orchestration changes completely and instantly and it still sounds seamless.

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
If you enjoy prog metal with math rock tendencies definitely keep an eye on The Afterimage.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
That's disappointing. I enjoyed the album teaser a lot, but the first single didn't do much for me. Maybe I'll still enjoy it.

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
That teaser did it's job, I'll definitely check this one out!

Seems promising!

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Yeah I'll echo that, especially after the second song. I like it instrumentally, and I like the clean vocals, but the harshes just make me sad. I want something a little more... throaty. More Tommy Rogers or Spencer Sotelo esque. Maybe even something akin to Mike Lessard.

I'm still looking forward to this album, but a little less so now.