Very simple tuner question

• Thread starter Wolfos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
I am toying with the idea of buying the newest Charvel guitar with HSH pickup layout and Gotoh tremelo. I wanted to turn it into my poor man's Suhr modern, I was going to just paint the guitar and potentially do something with the tuners. The guitar has Charvel locking tuners with 2 string trees on it which I really dont like.

So my question is can I just buy some staggard locking tuners similar to what Suhr does? Or even simpler, can I just remove the trees? I wasn't sure if that would effect the tension on the neck/nut.

Thanks in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Defyantly

Aspiring Builder
Reaction score
Theoretically yes. Staggered tuners just allow for a more consistent break angle for the strings over the nut. So you should be good with removing the string trees although it will leave holes that need to be filled and finished in the face of the headstock. You could always go for different a different style of trees like rollers or the circle types on teles.

rikomaru

Reaction score
I used the Gotoh H.A.P.M. tuners on a strat I had with no trees. It has a standard CBS-style headstock and never had any issues no matter how crazy I went on the trem. LSS- you should be good. :)

Latest posts