Very unserious island makes a bunch of strange decisions in one day

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

Absolutely baffling. Turnout is way down, Labour gets their worst vote total since 2015 but somehow their biggest majority since 1997? Meanwhile actual fascists get 4 seats and 4 million votes.

What a silly broken country.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Bodes

Reaction score
I was reading through what some of the Aussie journos were writing, the one thing that stood out was you guys have 650 members in the house of commons for 67 million people!!!

Absolutely gobsmacked!

No wonder you can't get shit done. Too many bloody cooks!

Then you have the atrocity that is the house of lords. Unelected buffoons who get jobs for life and a bunch of church delegates.

Yep, you guys are absolutely cooked!

*Looks at Aussie parliament*
Awwww fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! *Cries*
Our next federal election, happening sometime in the next 12 months, will be between a literal racist (and a crooked ex-cop) and a complete douche bag who just kicked out (sorry, I mean she left the party) a Muslim MP for not towing the party line, on a 'conscience vote'.

Let's face it, the world of politics is completely cooked, no matter where you are.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I was reading through what some of the Aussie journos were writing, the one thing that stood out was you guys have 650 members in the house of commons for 67 million people!!!

Absolutely gobsmacked!

Then you have the atrocity that is the house of lords. Unelected buffoons who get jobs for life and a bunch of church delegates.

Yep, you guys are absolutely cooked!

*Looks at Aussie parliament*
Awwww fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! *Cries*
Our next federal election, happening sometime in the next 12 months, will be between a literal racist (and a crooked ex-cop) and a complete douche bag who just kicked out (sorry, I mean she left the party) a Muslim MP for not towing the party line, on a 'conscience vote'.

Let's face it, the world of politics is completely cooked, no matter where you are.
The problem really is first past the post. It's evil and we need to get rid of it.

Ironically the obvious champion for it today and the only who can likely make any progress there is Farage. Which would be a hilarious amount of irony.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The problem really is first past the post. It's evil and we need to get rid of it.

Ironically the obvious champion for it today and the only who can likely make any progress there is Farage. Which would be a hilarious amount of irony.
We also need to end first past the post. The current government said they would if elected but we all know how that goes.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
We also need to end first past the post. The current government said they would if elected but we all know how that goes.
PR would give our fascist party 90 something seats, but it'd be worth it. Labour couldn't win on their current strategies, because nobody turned out to vote for them and they lost seats this election because the booted popular left wing candidates, see Faiza Shaheen and Jeremy Corbyn.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score

Absolutely gobsmacked!

Always interesting to see how right wing, flag shagging americans react to people's desire for freedom from the British crown.
My first thought while reading what Bodes posted was "huh, that sounds an awful lot like America... Didn't they just celebrate the fucking anniversary of separating themselves from the British?!"

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My first thought while reading what Bodes posted was "huh, that sounds an awful lot like America... Didn't they just celebrate the fucking anniversary of separating themselves from the British?!"

It's more like a baby shower for a gun if I had to put a vibe to it.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I should note, that comment of mine was not directed at anyone who has posted in this thread so far.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score