Victory RK50 Richie Kotzen model

Voron

Reaction score
I've a chance to test the RK50 model and... I usually don't too much in a one channel amps, but this one blew me away!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
I'm sure it's fantastic, RK is a tone nut.
And it's Victory, so there you have it.

I've always gravitated to single chan. amps.
Simpler circuits usually = better tone.

Voron

Reaction score
I've tried RD1 from them and it was a very good amp, but I prefer 2 channels. Usually I use MarkV:25, but this one was a revelation for me! ;)

Bentaycanada

Reaction score
Man that amp looks so cool, but I wish it had a 3 band EQ instead of the dual tremolo controls.

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
I had a chance to compare Kraken and RK50. They were both cool amps. Kraken was more in your face and was more flexible due to its EQ controls/2 channels. I am assuming RK50 was designed to match his Fender tele which can get quite spanky and I felt the high end of the amp was rolled off quite a bit to compensate that. RK50 always had that flubby mid-low accentuation which went well with strat/tele/single sized humbuckers but not so pleasant with LP type of guitars with full humbuckers.

Voron

Reaction score
I had a chance to compare Kraken and RK50. They were both cool amps. Kraken was more in your face and was more flexible due to its EQ controls/2 channels. I am assuming RK50 was designed to match his Fender tele which can get quite spanky and I felt the high end of the amp was rolled off quite a bit to compensate that. RK50 always had that flubby mid-low accentuation which went well with strat/tele/single sized humbuckers but not so pleasant with LP type of guitars with full humbuckers.
I think you have a sense in certain way. I used it with Fishman Fluence humbuckers, and they has not a lot of bases... and it was not flubby at all. Plus, there is a switch to add focus if you need. But yes, Kraken is more versatile :)