Video Game Collecting/Your Latest Pickups

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I tried to sort of get into "collecting" a while ago. Originally, I just wanted to get back the games I had as a kid, for the nostalgia factor, but that led to trying out stuff that I had missed, then eventually just trying to get my hands on anything that seemed cool. Then everyone got into the same thing and the prices got unreasonable.

Because my aim was to be able to play stuff, rather than trying to sell/trade for profit, I ended up with a lot of junky consoles I could fix up and get working again. It's like owning a small history of each line of home consoles. I've only got a bit over 200 physical copies of games - but an ungodly digital library.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
I have Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic that I was able to buy on the Xbox marketplace, I fucking love that game when you're able to choose whether to go down the Light side or Dark side of the Force. I've always gone down the Dark side of the Force lol Knights of the Old Republic is great!
KotOR_Cover (1).png

I always played Halo with my older brother and his friends on the original Xbox when it first came out, I was able to buy the Halo: Combat Evolved Tenth Anniversary edition with the updated graphics and audio and I thoroughly enjoy playing that one.
s-l600.jpg

I don't have a Super Nintendo or an N64 anymore, but I was able to get the Mortal Kombat Arcade collection of 1, 2, and 3 on the Xbox marketplace as well for my Xbox 360.
My daughter loves playing that game with me and she always chooses Scorpion, I usually choose Lui Kang or Raiden lol

1.jpg I also have a first gen Nintendo Wii and I was able to buy the N64 versions of Super Mario and Mariokart, I love playing those with my kiddo. One time during the battle game on Mariokart N64, my then 7 year old had 6 green shells and yelled at me "come on fight like a man!" :lol:

61WDvKg7g9L._AC_SX522_.jpg

Mario_Kart_64.jpg

That's my collection of nostalgic games, I love playing them with my daughter! I'm actually almost done KoTOR down the Dark side right now too.

Last edited:

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
I forgot that I also have Street Fighter II on my Xbox 360 as well. That game is a lot harder than I remember, harder than Mortal Kombat. Has anyone else watched the Street Fighter movie with Jean-Claude Van Damme? That movie was horrible back then and I heard Van Damme was high on coke the entire time while filming too :lol:

Street_Fighter_II_Japanese_flyer.jpg

wankerness

Reaction score
I think the start of this thread was talking expressly about physical games, not digital ones??

Anyway, here's the mess in my house I'm currently trying to get rid of. Been selling N64 games on ebay VERY SLOWLY. Only gotten rid of 3 of them in a month (Turok Dinosaur Hunter, Shadow Man, Forsaken 64). :( I have a lot of games, and maybe 2/3 of the N64 games and 1/3 of the SNES ones (they pretty much fill that box with zelda on the top) have boxes and manuals. It's a mess!

IMG-0049.jpgIMG-0048.jpgIMG-0047.jpgIMG-0046.jpg

Then I have a large tub of CD/DVD games (mostly Gamecube, Xbox 360, PS4, and then some scattered Wii/WiiU/PS2 games) in the basement somewhere. I'm not really sure if they're worth much, but I'm less inclined to sell them since they're not easily replaceable with emulators the same way SNES and N64 are.

Reaction score
I think the start of this thread was talking expressly about physical games, not digital ones??

Anyway, here's the mess in my house I'm currently trying to get rid of. Been selling N64 games on ebay VERY SLOWLY. Only gotten rid of 3 of them in a month (Turok Dinosaur Hunter, Shadow Man, Forsaken 64). :( I have a lot of games, and maybe 2/3 of the N64 games and 1/3 of the SNES ones (they pretty much fill that box with zelda on the top) have boxes and manuals. It's a mess!

View attachment 118501View attachment 118502View attachment 118503View attachment 118504

Then I have a large tub of CD/DVD games (mostly Gamecube, Xbox 360, PS4, and then some scattered Wii/WiiU/PS2 games) in the basement somewhere. I'm not really sure if they're worth much, but I'm less inclined to sell them since they're not easily replaceable with emulators the same way SNES and N64 are.
I might be willing to take some of those off your hands if we can work out a deal and you're willing to ship to Canada.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

View attachment 118501View attachment 118502View attachment 118503View attachment 118504

As with all things Nintendo, there are some Gamecube games that are worth quite a lot of money.

wankerness

Reaction score
As with all things Nintendo, there are some Gamecube games that are worth quite a lot of money.
Yeah, I figure probably Tales of Symphonia is if nothing else. Maybe the OoT re-release for it with the "master levels" and Eternal Darkness and Smash Bros too. Unfortunately I sold off Mario Sunshine decades ago to fund a newer system at the time, because I didn't like it. I should look into prices, probably some of them are worth getting rid of. I always think I'm going to play my gamecube again, but the only game I've played on it in the last 20 years is Wario Ware (which to be fair I have played several times with friends). Stuff like Resident Evil 4 I can get rid of for sure since there are plenty of available better ways to play it at this point.

wankerness

Reaction score
I might be willing to take some of those off your hands if we can work out a deal and you're willing to ship to Canada.
Here's the list of junk:
NameSystem
1080 SnowboardingN64
Bio FreaksN64
Blast CorpsN64
Body HarvestN64
Carmageddon 64N64
Castlevania 64 BOX AND MANUAL ONLYN64
Castlevania Legacy Of DarknessN64
Diddy Kong RacingN64
Donkey Kong 64N64
Doom 64N64
Duke Nukem 64N64
F-Zero XN64
Forsaken 64 (sold)N64
GoldeneyeN64
Hey You PikachuN64
Killer Instinct GoldN64
Mortal Kombat 4N64
NBA CourtsideN64
NFL Quarterback Club 99N64
Perfect DarkN64
Quake 64N64
Quake IIN64
Shadow Man (sold)N64
Smash BrosN64
Space Station Silicon ValleyN64
Star Wars Pod RacerN64
Star Wars Rogue SquadronN64
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire PCN64
Starfox 64N64
Super Mario 64N64
Turok 1 (sold)N64
Turok 2N64
Turok 3N64
Turok Rage WarsN64
Wipeout 64N64
WWF War Zone (sold)N64
Zelda OOTN64
Actraiser 2SNES
Castlevania 4SNES
Contra IIISNES
Donkey Kong Country 2 PCSNES
Donkey Kong Country 3 PCSNES
DoomSNES
Double Dragon VSNES
F Zero PCSNES
Final Fantasy IIISNES
Killer InstinctSNES
Madden 96SNES
Mega Man XSNES
Mortal Kombat 2SNES
Mortal Kombat 3SNES
NBA Jam TE (Box only)SNES
Ninja Turtles 4 (Majesco rerelease?)SNES
PhalanxSNES
Primal RageSNES
Star FoxSNES
Super ESB (Majesco)SNES
Super Godzilla (Majesco rerelease?)SNES
Super Mario All StarsSNES
Super Mario KartSNES
Super Mario WorldSNES
Super MetroidSNES
Super ROTJ (Majesco)SNES
Super Star WarsSNES
UniracersSNES
VortexSNES
Yoshi's IslandSNES

PC = players choice, some people get offended if the box isn't the "original."

Let me know what you're interested in specifically and I'll give you more info. Some of the manuals are beat up, some of them only have a box and no manual or vice versa, etc. Plus some of them I'm still not sure if I even want to sell (ex Turtles IV and OoT and Goldeneye and KI Gold). The ones that still have saved games on them that I never finished leave me feeling like I need to finish it first (ex Body Harvest, DK 64) but I dunno if I ever will.

I'm not unwilling to ship to Canada, but I think it's obscenely expensive right now (iirc it's like 25 bucks just to send one little box??).

Last edited:

rokket2005

Reaction score
I don't consider myself a collector because I've never cared about how many games I have. I'm just a gamer with a lot of games. I don't buy games just to have, it's always something that I at least have an interest in playing. I do still have my CIB Pokemon Emerald though which I guess is kind of a collectors item at this point.
PXL_20221220_214704050.jpg

rokket2005

Reaction score
WOW! Is that like, EVERY switch game?
Ha, no not even close. I don't even have Smash Bros. I'd say about 60% of them are RPGs. I remember seeing a list of physical games like a year ago when there were like 1200 or so physical games, no clue how many there are now. I have around 300 or so.

wankerness

Reaction score
Ha, no not even close. I don't even have Smash Bros. I'd say about 60% of them are RPGs. I remember seeing a list of physical games like a year ago when there were like 1200 or so physical games, no clue how many there are now. I have around 300 or so.
Jeez. I had no idea there were that many Switch games with physical releases. Well, that shelf is probably worth many thousands of dollars already, just imagine in another few years :p

Reaction score
Good god @rokket2005 ! That's an awesome shelf. I love the Pyra/Mithra statuettes too!. I'm willing to bet those collector's editions of Xenoblade 2 and Metroid Dread will be worth a fair chunk of change. I think the Xenoblade 2 one is already up there.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Last few physicals I received were Tactics Ogre, Chaos;Head and Triangle Strategy for Switch. For PS4 I imported Ketsui - Deathtiny.

I also buy retro stuff, although I got the SD carts for my mega drive and snes recently as a cost saving measure.

My biggest hitter is probably Super Turrican 2 CIB.

-snake

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
been getting my favorite n64 games back i had as a teenager (goldeneye, perfect dark, winback, beetle racing, zelda, tony hawk, mario kart, mario 64). also all the 90's pc games i had as a kid (doom, quake, warcraft 2, diablo 2, witchaven, need for speed, postal, nascar racing series, stonekeep, dark earth, earthsiege 2, driver, f-22 lightning 3, just name some favorites) im a pc gamer more so than console. wasnt allowed a nintendo growing up until we were teenagers. but that was ok with me cause i love pc more still to this day.

Scordare

Reaction score
CA74757-E-9502-4497-A7-F0-C17937249-AF7.jpg
I haven’t picked up anything new lately, but I have organized all my Atari 2600 cartridges, console, controllers and accessories in this nice ATA case.

Reaction score
Some latest pickups for me include Skyward Sword HD & Yoshi's Crafted World for the Switch, Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1&2 (PS4), Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection (PS4, to be delivered), Valkyrie Profile Revolution (PS4), Returnal (PS5, to be delivered), Demon's Souls (PS5, to be delivered), Shovel Knight Treasure Trove (Xbox) and @wankerness and I made a deal for a couple of his games which he's sent off to me which are Perfect Dark (N64) and Uniracers (SNES).

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
So I busted out the NES games last night to see if they still work - and I think my consoles need some work. 2x consoles won't read games, and the one with a working pin connector seems to have a controller problem and won't read inputs. Maybe I can smash them all together into one good working console at some point.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
^ Update - took two of the NES consoles apart, and was able to bend the pins forward again so that they're pretty death-grip-y. I might have over-done it. But they both work now. The controller thing seems to have been the controllers themselves, I think. A different controller worked fine. I think all that old stuff just needs a really thorough cleaning, but generally speaking it works now.