Video Game Metal Online Collab

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
ok, 7-stringer @ 19 wanting to form or join an online band dedicated to video game music
while im not focusing on making a Powerglove Jr (or any VGM Power Metal-esque band), this is something i lean a little bit towards to
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12563182/lozla sampler.mp3
but will work with anything if asked to

i'm mostly a rhythm player, but will do some lead work
simple band setup: 2nd guitarist, bassist, drummer, keyboards/synths wouldn't hurt any
VERY basic recording setup w/ a Line 6 PODX3 Live & Ibanez RG7321
can do basic drum programming (to the drummers: ill use this just for rough drafts/ideas/scratches if needed)

anyone interested in forming or adding me to their online video game metal band, PM me

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
2500567b_514_bump.jpg

no love for video games and metal? :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cuda

Macross Music Maniac
Reaction score
Nobody is interested? Just me here, it would seem.

Would be pretty cool to work with more people, so I'm ups for something.

I play bass and guitar, I'm not too good at mixing or making a track in fruity loops, but know a little.

timbaline

My name isn't Tim
Reaction score
I'm interested! I play guitar, I can do rhythm and lead. I'm not too great at mixing either.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Hey, I'm interested. What games' music are you going to do?

what do you play exactly?
what kind of sound are you wanting to go for?

can be anything
some examples (but dont limit to)
Zelda
Mario
Megaman
Sonic
Lufia
Final Fantasy (and im not going entirely for a Black Mages kinda thing, even though i like em)

...and many others that i cant think of right now

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, what games? -EDIT you nija'd me! :lol:

I've got almost every theme song from SNK's Crystalis for NES on my soundclick, and I've got some little mario/zelda/dragon warrior/tetris/misc. video game themes from some time ago.

I don't know what I could add to your project, though. By now, a lot of really great metal NES themes have been done, and although it's fun to do them, I'm not sure there is much of an opportunity to further any sort of career out of it.

I'd still love to hear someone with some good shredding ability take on the NES Silver Surfer soundtrack! I can't sweep nearly well enough to take that one on.

But hey, keep me posted. If I can contribute something, let me know, and if not, I'd still like to hear the finished product.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score

can be anything
Zelda
Mario
Megaman
Sonic
Lufia
Final Fantasy (and im not going entirely for a Black Mages kinda thing, even though i like em)

I have some Zelda and Zelda II music worked out.
I have Super Mario Bros. entirely worked out, as well as the overworld theme for SMB 2 and little bits of SMB 3.
I have an old recording of Mega Man - Fireman Stage theme somewhere, and I might still have the MIDI drum programming for it, but we're talking ten year old stuff.

And plenty of other VG-Based stuff.

What are you looking for? Tabs, clips, arrangements?

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Yeah, what games? -EDIT you nija'd me! :lol:

I've got almost every theme song from SNK's Crystalis for NES on my soundclick, and I've got some little mario/zelda/dragon warrior/tetris/misc. video game themes from some time ago.

I don't know what I could add to your project, though. By now, a lot of really great metal NES themes have been done, and although it's fun to do them, I'm not sure there is much of an opportunity to further any sort of career out of it.

I'd still love to hear someone with some good shredding ability take on the NES Silver Surfer soundtrack! I can't sweep nearly well enough to take that one on.

But hey, keep me posted. If I can contribute something, let me know, and if not, I'd still like to hear the finished product.

alright, i know what you mean by there being a lot of metal NES themes out there and such, only metal styles i heard in some of these other VG remakes is sorta like a power metal-ish kinda style (ala Powerglove and such), and i dunno if there are any VG metal players/bands that have a progressive groove metal (think like Machine Head-ish) approach
maybe i should take off the thing in my sig about my current WiP, cus i think its pretty much done, but i've yet to upload it to a Soundclick page (which i have yet to do as well)

and oddly enough, someone did mention to me about the Silver Surfer theme about 2 months ago, i cant sweep that great either so...

ShreddingDragon

Silence the discord
Reaction score

can be anything
Zelda
Mario
Megaman
Sonic
Lufia

I play the guitar, and I can do some mixing and drum programming, and play some relatively simple keyboards.

I've never really played Sonic or Lufia, but I like the others you mentioned. Other good sources could be Metroid (even though Stemage's Metroid Metal - Metal covers of Metroid Goodness - by Stemage pretty much covers everything in this...but we could do a song or two 8-stringed :cool:), Castlevania, Wizards & Warriors 2 and 3, Shadowgate, Secret of Mana or good old Doom (not THAT many quality metal covers of these tunes out there)

Are you going for a "metal only" sound, and songs?

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
I play the guitar, and I can do some mixing and drum programming, and play some relatively simple keyboards.

I've never really played Sonic or Lufia, but I like the others you mentioned. Other good sources could be Metroid (even though Stemage's Metroid Metal - Metal covers of Metroid Goodness - by Stemage pretty much covers everything in this...but we could do a song or two 8-stringed :cool:), Castlevania, Wizards & Warriors 2 and 3, Shadowgate, Secret of Mana or good old Doom (not THAT many quality metal covers of these tunes out there)

Are you going for a "metal only" sound, and songs?

kinda going towards a metal only kinda sound
but being pretty specific, think of it as an mix between BtBaM and Machine Head :lol:
something that sounds pretty heavy, but can lighten up a bit in some songs

and since i forgot to ask, if anyone interested can PM me some demos of their playing (can be anything you can get your hands on)

since i cant edit the OP, i did mention at one point that the example track i had posted was a bit outdated, so...http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12563182/05 Face Shrine.mp3

Cuda

Macross Music Maniac
Reaction score
I only want to do video game country covers!!!

Hahah I'll shoot a vid of something more \m/ Metal and bump again. You wanting to see some bass playing or some geetar?