[Videos] Mesa Boogie Roadking vs Line5 Flextone III

• Thread starter skinhead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Found this on youtube, and I think that's interesting. The dynamic of the Roadking is waaaaaaaaaay better than the flextone, but they sound really good.

vontetzianos

Reaction score
I thought that flextone sounded horrible compared to the road king. I much prefer the road king but I guess some will like the response you get from the flextone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
The response from the flextone is awesome for your room, cause you have that metal as fuck tone in a low volume, but in a live situation doesn't work

SargeantVomit

CIRRHOSIS THRASH
Reaction score
Yeah it's funny how people judge the sound of amps by shitty digital camera recordings in a bedroom instead of at gigging volumes with a drummer haha. I guess it gives you a basic idea though. I sit on youtube listening to demos a lot, but it's a whole different ballgame when you're cranking it in front of drums.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Yeah it's funny how people judge the sound of amps by shitty digital camera recordings in a bedroom instead of at gigging volumes with a drummer haha. I guess it gives you a basic idea though. I sit on youtube listening to demos a lot, but it's a whole different ballgame when you're cranking it in front of drums.

Of course. And a digital amp on the mix just get lost. Nothing like a tube amp. Fucking presence :metal:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
actually, something like a tube amp *cough*.

i bet if they didnt say what amp they were playign through at the time, people would have different opinions ;)

SargeantVomit

CIRRHOSIS THRASH
Reaction score
I think the second sound in the first one was pretty good but recording quality was a bust. Why can't these people doing demos just record it for real? Also, what are the two different Mesa amps? Are they both dual recto?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe because they aren't experienced with recording in a semi-professional manner, and/or dont have the access to better recording equipment..

difference between mesa's: www.mesaboogie.com

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
sounded like he was using two different EQ settings...

I liked the Mesa better but I still liked the Line6 :metal:

His playing put me to sleep though :lol: