VOCALIST - Deathcore \ Metalcore \ Hardcore need a new home!

• Thread starter ALEXSTRAW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marktorches

Mark Lewis
Reaction score
You're pretty good dude, but problem is it sounds all a little bit too similar to the other deathcore vocalists out there and most bands want something different in a vocalist...we're in an age where most vocalists are decent screamers, most bands have about 30 friends that can do it

but good luck though man, as far as the typical deathcore vocal goes...You're pretty good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ALEXSTRAW

Reaction score
Lots of people can do that , The world is big and full of talents ,
But , these vocal covers , its just a ticket , Maybe it will help me out .. Cuz im new here and dont know any people from the Scene.
But the thing is , Being a vocalist isn't just about the vocals.
This business is very .. i mean ,, personal for me ..
I Take it really seriously
. I Just hope to find a good band .. or good people that want to start something good..
Something special about a vocalist ..
Thats a problem .. only thing special and new i can think of is a vocalist screamer that screams like a girl .. and dressing up in some weired way that will catch ..
As far as vocal wise .. Vocalist who has amazing highs , amazing lows , Squeals guttural's alllll of that shit .. Combined with sick band members that play sick.. No more needed ..
I Know i can deliver all that.
Its hard tough cuz no one knows me .. i throw everything away in my "ex life" ..
had serious bands friends know everyone in the metal scene there music scene ..
But i want something here in california !
If someone reads this and can connect me to someone .. band musicians ..
let me know please ..
Thanks in advance have a great day \m/

ALEXSTRAW

Reaction score
if this will help you sleep tight at nights , i will.

give me a break.
ill type in what ever way i want to type , just spare me your comments .

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
Good luck man. I'm sure there will be a ton of kids starting up new deathcore bands that sound like other deathcore bands. I just don't know how many you'll find on this site.
Props for getting yourself out there though I'm sure something will come up. I found my band by going to a lot of shows as a 17 year old and meeting people and watching bands to see who had something fresh to offer and who was just posing. At the time I was posing pretty hard too but I found people to look up to and 3 years later after playing in some below average bands I ended up starting a band with those people and the rest is history. You end up gravitating to the people you will connect with. Whether they are shit or good is a reflection on you haha.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
You're decent at what you do but after watching your video of your cover of that Chelsea Grin song is that I have to say (and no I'm not a vocal coach by any means whatsoever, just giving some advice based upon observation) that you need to develop your breathing technique more for this vocal style. You can clearly hear every time you take a breath and it seems that you're pushing your vocal chords way too hard for this, so for the sake of your vocal chords learn how to control your breathing and go from the gut up and use your chest and throat as a kinda "amplifier" to produce the sounds, also learn how to use your mouth as opening wider will cause your screams to be higher and with your mouth more closed like making a fish face will produce a lower growl. I don't know if any of this makes any sense at all but if I were a vocalist then this is how I would go about taking on these kinda vocals as it seems to me to be the most logical way to go about it.

ALEXSTRAW

Reaction score
Good luck man. I'm sure there will be a ton of kids starting up new deathcore bands that sound like other deathcore bands. I just don't know how many you'll find on this site.
Props for getting yourself out there though I'm sure something will come up. I found my band by going to a lot of shows as a 17 year old and meeting people and watching bands to see who had something fresh to offer and who was just posing. At the time I was posing pretty hard too but I found people to look up to and 3 years later after playing in some below average bands I ended up starting a band with those people and the rest is history. You end up gravitating to the people you will connect with. Whether they are shit or good is a reflection on you haha.

Thanks bro .. Thats what im probably gonna do .. Go to shows and maybe .. Meet cool people .. awesome musicians ... !
But im not looking for "Kids" that want to start a deathcore band that will sound like anyother ..
Im actually looking to create something unique , Its not easy , But if i will find the right people , I Got lots of good ideas for awesome material ! Thanks again bro.

@TXDeahMetal

Thanks for the comment bro,
Listen, I worked and i still work hard, I Control my breathing very well actually , And i dont push too hard on my vocal chords , I Just know how to do it i know how it feels and it feels right, I Never hurt them , I not drinking and not smoking ..Thats how it always been .. Maybe it looks like im pushing to hard and stuff but thats how i do it i guess .
And you can hear everytime i breath . well obviously no ? .. I Mean..
How can you now hear me breath ? Its a "live" vocal cover .. Its not a recording .. Its ok bro =]
And i can get what your saying so no worries it makes sense =))) !!

marktorches

Mark Lewis
Reaction score
I dunno man, but to me it sounds like you're taking people's opinions maybe slightly too seriously and personally.

You have a decent voice mate, and good luck with it...I just think the time for this kind of vocal has sort of been and gone.

And I mean this in a purely observational and non provoking manner.

x