Voodo Lab Control Switcher ? Problem Solver ?

AEVAOfficial

Reaction score
Hello fellow forum users !

I've been lurking for a really long time before I decided to register. I have a problem and a possible option I'm looking at to solve it. Since I'm definitely not the most technical guy ever I would love an advice. Here's the setup I have:

AMP HEAD: Crate Blue Voodo tube 120W (2 Channel w/Footswitch)
RACKMOUNT: TC Electronics G-MAJOR (Not the II the first version) with Tech 21 MIDI MOOSE footswitch.
CAB: Krankenstein 4x12

Problem: I need to be able to change from channel 1 (Distortion) of my amp with G-Major preset A (Noise Gate etc...) TO channel 2 (Clean) of my amp with G-Major preset B (Delay, reverb etc...) in One single footstep on my Tech 21.

Right now I need to step on my amp footswitch to change channels + my Tech 21 footswitch for effexts at the same time which is really hard and complicated in a live metal situation. It is not possible to trigger them separately as the songs are demanding it to be done at the same time.

Solution:

I heard the Voodo Lab Control Switcher might be able to solve that issue for me:

Voodoo Lab - Control Switcher

What do you think ? If I can't find a solution in the next few days I'll end up buying an Axe-Fx Ultra and a Matrix poweramp. However, I'd love to solve my problem for less than 300$ if possible.

Thank you !

(You can listen to my Fusion/Metal band AEVA first album for free on www.facebook.com/AEVAOfficial and clicking on the bandcamp link !)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bbp

Reaction score
The G-major has a built in switcher so all you need to control your amp is a stereo cable running from the switch out jack on the G-major to the foot switch jack on the amp. You then push the Levels all/Relay 1+2 button to the right of the display and edit the settings for relay 1 to control the channel and relay 2 to control the effects loop as far as I can tell from a quick googling of a Crate Blue Voodoo head. It's explained in detail in the manual on page 19-20 here: http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/666860/tcelectronic-gmajor-sw-1-27-_manual-english.pdf

AEVAOfficial

Reaction score
Damn ! I actually went through my manual today and skipped that section somehow. I will most definitely check that out later tonight when I come home ! 1 Million thanks !