Vox Amplug

• Thread starter LiesThatBind
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LiesThatBind

I Raise Hell D:
Reaction score
Are these any good?
Thinking of getting the 'Metal' one, sounds good on soundclips on site, but thats probably put through 5 layers of editing.
How do they sound?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I tried the classic rock one, sounded pretty good but nothing impressive. It lacked some serious top end for me (I used it with the tone control maxed out and still it sounded dark).
I don't know how the metal one sound but those are what they are, cheap amp sim to play with when you don't want or can't use your rig (it's very much fun on the train as people look at you like your were from Mars and are annoyed by the noise of your guitar strings zinging :lol:)

Dalroth

Reaction score
I've got both the AC30 and the Metal one. I got the AC30 because I figured it would be more dynamic. Didn't work so well with my EMGs (duh), so I picked up the Metal one.

Theyr'e both... OK. I mean, they get the job done, but they really don't sound that great. They're very sensitive to your playing (which is great), but they also both have a very very dry tone.

For whatever reason, they sound halfway decent when I play them through my powered computer speakers, but I really bought them to play through my headphones and that's where they fail. They pretty much suck through my headphones (and my headphones aren't some cheap piece of crap either, they're nice $200 studio phones).

If you just want something you can toss in your gig bag and play once in awhile, they're good enough, but you'd probably be better off picking up a Pocket Pod or something that's a bit more flexible and fully baked.