VPJR Tuner pedal with Zuul?

• Thread starter Bearitone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I’m making a pedal board and want to save some space. I was hoping I could use the “send” output on the VP to go to the key input of a Zuul with nothing going to the return of the pedal.

Will this work?

Do any of you have experience with the VPJR Tuner pedal?

loganflynn294

I don't feel good
Reaction score
It would "work", but I wouldn't recommend it. The send fx output on that pedal is always the same level as the input, the volume level doesn't change like the normal output does. So, when you go heel down to mute the volume, the guitars signal is still passing though the send fx output to the key input of the gate. When you have it heel down to mute while you're tuning it'll keep opening up the gate causing all the background hiss/noise to come through. I learned this the hard way buying a Boss TU3 tuner to use as a splitter for the Zuul key input. Everytime I tuned, the gate opens up and all the noise that was being gated comes though. I ended up getting a Fortin Spliff since all the outputs except for the tuner out get muted when the pedal is off.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Trip out. I never considered this. Damn, I do have a similar pedal to the spliff. Bunch of outputs, can be programmed to be a splitter, summer, AB/Y, loop switcher etc.

Might have to bust that out AND buy a volume pedal

Thank you for the heads up

It would "work", but I wouldn't recommend it. The send fx output on that pedal is always the same level as the input, the volume level doesn't change like the normal output does. So, when you go heel down to mute the volume, the guitars signal is still passing though the send fx output to the key input of the gate. When you have it heel down to mute while you're tuning it'll keep opening up the gate causing all the background hiss/noise to come through. I learned this the hard way buying a Boss TU3 tuner to use as a splitter for the Zuul key input. Everytime I tuned, the gate opens up and all the noise that was being gated comes though. I ended up getting a Fortin Spliff since all the outputs except for the tuner out get muted when the pedal is off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loganflynn294

I don't feel good
Reaction score
Happy to help man! Yeah your best bet is to have a splitter going in to the Zuul key input that can be muted whenever the guitars signal into the front of the amp is also muted, like when tuning.