Want a looper, two used Boss and Digitech, what should i do ?

• Thread starter chassless
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
hey everyone, i want a looper pedal, nothing too fancy, maybe a basic one, that at least doesn't eat tone and works fine. in the local used market there's a Boss RC3 for 250$ and a Digitech Jamman Solo for 110$.

should i go for one or the other? or save up for something better with more functions and/or from another brand?

thanks in advance!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
I had a Boss RC 50 and found it overly complex and was sure it was bad for tone.

TC Ditto looks like the business as a very, very basic looper at a low price.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
i guess that makes the the Boss out of the question then.

but a challenger appears! i also found a local TC Flashback X4 for 250$ as well, apparently in never left the box. the delay options are welcome, but they say it can only record up to 40s of loop.

the Digitech can record up to 35 mins and save them for later, and it seems to have more functions as well, so all i wonder now is, does it suck some tone?

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
I have a ditto. I'd rather have a JamMan. The ditto is a little too basic for me. It doesn't have quantization or tempo changing like the JamMan does.

mikespe

Reaction score
I have the Jamman Solo XT...I don't use it as much as I should though. I tend to use my Digitech Trio (1st version) more often...I am thinking about getting the Trio+ to save room on my board and remove the Jamman...

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
I have the JamMan Stereo (the huge one) and it's pretty cool. I mainly use it for writing layered parts so I can hear them without having to mess with my computer. It has an absolutely ridiculous amount of functions as is actually fairly simple. Based on my experience with Digitech and Boss, I'd say that Digitech probably makes a far superior looper

downburst82

Reaction score
Jamman over any of the boss loopers. I had the older jamman (blue dual pedal one) but got rid of it and "upgraded" to the newer boss rc-30...it wasn't an upgrade, the jamman sounds better both playing back loops and when bypassed (boss caused extra noise and sucked tone). Sold the Boss and I'm back to a jamman express xt at the moment which is excellent! I am planning to get a jamman solo xt as well since I do miss being able to save loops.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks everyone. I ended up getting the Jamman, and can't wait to try it out. Imaginary likes to everyone.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Because I got it from my wife on fathers day :D

Im not seriously jealous :lol: I don't use it that much anymore but if I seriously need one I might just trade up