Washburn 7 string flying v?

• Thread starter poopyalligator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
Have any of you guys ever heard of those, or even seen one before. Somebody local is wanting to trade one, and I was just curios if any of you guys know anything about them.

The guy gave me really shitty pics of it. This look familiar to anybody? If so what are they worth? The dude is wanting to trade for an engl fireball head I have. Not sure if it would be a good trade. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

5L45G95Kf3E33Ka3Jfc8j4318fe64841d18da.jpg

By the way. The dude said it isnt a USA model. So it doesn't seem like a one off or anything. I am pretty much stumped on this one. Looks pretty sweet though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
That would have to be a one off, I've never heard of a 7 string Vindicator before :scratch:

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Are you 100% positive its not? I mean, the only way you're getting one of those is straight out of their custom shop, I'm pretty sure of it anyway. It may just not have USA stamped anywhere on it.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
I am asking him for better pics of it. The problem is that he lives in Roswell which is like 4 hours from me. So I can't easily drive there really quick just to look at it. Thanks for the info though. It looks pretty damn sweet. I can only imagine a USA one being pretty damn amazing.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Yeah man get more info. They never made a production model, single pickup, 7 string flying v with a floyd rose. :lol:

It's definitely a one off, so get as much info as you can.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
Yup, get a serial number for that sucker. The body looks like the HM Series Vs, which were freaking awesome. It's beyond a shame that they were discontinued.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Unheard of 7 string flying V?

Located in Roswell?

What are you waiting for?!

:)

Also... Aliens.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Well....remember those WM7 strings my store did a small run of?

We placed an order for a run of silver 7 string V's like this with a floyd and single pup. But I was told they were never going to see the light of day as they discontinued production on the 7s we did get. We had a few runs we were planning on doing.

So.....it is possible that one exists. But I don't know how the word didn't get out on it if it did get made. I'd be weary without seeing it up close. Especially the headstock and fingerboard. It will be real if the fretboard is phenolic.

If you find out more on this, please PM me. I'd like to know more details.

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
^ what store is this? I'm a Kansas native and remember a few random runs around the area of assorted brands a lot of cool one offs

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
So the guy sent me more pictures. I am having trouble with this one. It has nothing on the back of the headstock which is pretty troubling, and it has gotoh tuners instead of the buzz feiten system which most washburns seem to have. It has a washburn trem, which leads me to believe it isnt a USA model. I think I better leave this one alone.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
So the guy sent me more pictures. I am having trouble with this one. It has nothing on the back of the headstock which is pretty troubling, and it has gotoh tuners instead of the buzz feiten system which most washburns seem to have. It has a washburn trem, which leads me to believe it isnt a USA model. I think I better leave this one alone.

AFAIK all Washburns come with Gotohs. The buzz feiten thing is just something there. However, the fact that there's nothing on the back of the headstock is definitely worrying. Odd though, I've never heard of this kind of thing. Must've been a store run.

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
Well there are way too many possibilities here to really say for sure. But living about 15 miles away from the old washburn factory in mundelein ive seen my fair share of washburns. Its either a small store run or a custom. But even if it is a custom it might not be a good one. Washburn is notorious for employees backdooring sub par instruments and people raiding the dumpster. There are many "usa" guitars that were never meant to see the hands of us mortals simply because washburns didnt feel the quality was up high enough. Consequently this also meant that washburn has a reputation around my neck of the woods as pieces of shit because of those guitars. Without seeing it up close or having confirmation on its origins I would avoid it. The fireball isnt the most expensive amp in the world but I dont see any washburn really being worth what that head is worth sans Nuno USA models.

MWC262

Reaction score
I've played one of those at my local Music Go Round and they aren't too bad. Its not US and I think its Japanese if I'm not mistaken. I got away from V types and more RG/Strat style guitars. But it was really huge sounding with a seymour duncan distortion through a 6505+ and Randall XL cab with V30's! It was priced at $500 and its a rare guitar, but personally its not worth trading an ENGL for it. The price isn't there.

Saidincontext

Reaction score
It's a washburn Vindicator (wv40v) model, I have one, I don't think they made 7 string models though?? They are discontinued... the sure way to check if it's legit - Randall made pups for the wv40v's, yes RANDALL. check and see if it's in there :)