Weight Loss ideas ?

• Thread starter Kubs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kubs

Mexicutioner
Reaction score
I’ve had to make it a discipline thing. It’s not a body image issue or anything like that, I simply don’t find much enjoyment in eating food and despite cooking professionally for 1/3rd of my life, I currently hate it.

I had to figure out how I could spend 30 minutes prepping food for the week so it’d only take me 10 minutes to get it all cooked, while still being healthy. I just buy big packages of chicken, trim all the fat then toss it in ziplock bags with different marinades. Now I just toss the veggies in the oven, turn the grill on and move on with life!
Sadly im an opposite , i love food , especially Junk , but im convincing myself more and more that the bad food is doing nothing just hurting me both mentally and phisically.
I can feel i was very addicted to sugar , but since 3 weeks im over it.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Sadly im an opposite , i love food , especially Junk , but im convincing myself more and more that the bad food is doing nothing just hurting me both mentally and phisically.
I can feel i was very addicted to sugar , but since 3 weeks im over it.

Hahahaha just like I’m convincing myself “Eating regularly is good for you, dumbass, so do it” :lol:

Perfect example of my inconsistency- I had this past Friday off and have a TON of songs to learn for a cover band I joined. I meal prepped Thurs night so all I had to do over the weekend was throw chicken on the grill or dressing on a salad.

Work today? Totally forgot about prepping lunch or bringing my yogurt.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been steering clear of this thread, but what the hell.

I don't know if I'm an authority on "short term" weight loss, if I needed to cut 10 pounds in the next 2 months I think it would be hard.

But, I'm also - and this is coming off my off season where I probably put 5lbs or so back on - at least 20lbs lighter than where I was 10 years ago and even at my heaviest - recovering from surgery, limited mobility - since then I've never gotten within 10lbs of that peak ever since. No right answers here, probably, but this is what's worked for me.

1) Find some form of exercise you enjoy, if possible something with a performance component so you'll want to get better at it, and do it. I tried to lose weight by running early on, and just hated it. Couldn't make myself want to do it. I spent a lot of time on a bike as a kid tough, so I bought a road bike, and never looked back. I got more competitive with time, now race gravel and do competitive focused endurance road events, and I'vbe averaged at least an hour a day for the last five or six years. I genuinely enjoy being in the saddle at baseline, and want to get faster, so I want to do it. Bonus points, the fastest way to climb faster is to weigh less, so it's an added incentive.

2) I think "clean eating" is by and large bullshit, but at least be a little thoughtful about what you eat. "Food is fuel" is a very useful mindset. There are very few things that are straight up BAD for you - even high sugar foods have their time and their place, and one of the true joys of extreme endurance cycling is walking into a gas station and looking around for the most calorically dense food in the place and buying three. But, in general, if you eat a lot of high sugar and simple carb foods (and I'm team carb, believe me), then you're getting a ton of calories in a form that doesn't really fill you up for very long. Even things like cutting out soda will go a long way here, unless its specifically in the context of keeping your blood sugar up during an endurance event or something (mini cans of coke are a staple of long cycling events, and they're fucking awesome for it). alcohol is a big source of empty calroies too, and unlike a can of coke don't really help on a long ride. :lol:

3) the older I get the more I feel like training is about balancing recovery more than it is about working out, and your ability to be ready the next day is the limiting factor. In some ways, paradoxically, if "calories out" is going to be part of yur weight loss plan, knowing when to take a rest day and just simple stuff like prioritizing getting good nights' sleep goes a long way.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.