Weight Loss ideas ?

• Thread starter Kubs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kubs

Mexicutioner
Reaction score
Hey Guys! I started getting pretty obese cause of my always busy lifestyle , i havent gave too much attention to what i eat everyday and how much time im spending on physical activities. I want to change it cause i really feel
it affect's me. Any tips ? Do you have any diet and homeworkout plans that worked and you would like to share ? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys! I started getting pretty obese cause of my always busy lifestyle , i havent gave too much attention to what i eat everyday and how much time im spending on physical activities. I want to change it cause i really feel
it affect's me. Any tips ? Do you have any diet and homeworkout plans that worked and you would like to share ? :)
I feel like more info is needed. You have a busy lifestyle, but are you home at night? Are you packing food or fast food?

My wife has lost a good amount of weight by being very disciplined with her diet. She weighs all of her food, meal prepped everything, and if she had to eat out, she did her best. And due to circumstances, she couldn't exercise really at all, and she still lost weight. Calories are more of a weekly thing than strictly a daily thing. So if you go over one day because life happens, you can cut back a little on other days.

Exercise helps, but diet is king for weight loss. I struggle with the diet and do my best to make up for it with exercise. I train Jiu Jitsu and Judo roughly 8-10hrs a week, because I get bored lifting and have trouble staying diciplined with going to the gym. I try and make sure I workout regularly, but these days it's once a week cause I'm slacking.

TLDR: Diet is for sure the best starting point and most important. Exercise is helpful. Dicipline is everything.

Kubs

Mexicutioner
Reaction score
I feel like more info is needed. You have a busy lifestyle, but are you home at night? Are you packing food or fast food?

My wife has lost a good amount of weight by being very disciplined with her diet. She weighs all of her food, meal prepped everything, and if she had to eat out, she did her best. And due to circumstances, she couldn't exercise really at all, and she still lost weight. Calories are more of a weekly thing than strictly a daily thing. So if you go over one day because life happens, you can cut back a little on other days.

Exercise helps, but diet is king for weight loss. I struggle with the diet and do my best to make up for it with exercise. I train Jiu Jitsu and Judo roughly 8-10hrs a week, because I get bored lifting and have trouble staying diciplined with going to the gym. I try and make sure I workout regularly, but these days it's once a week cause I'm slacking.

TLDR: Diet is for sure the best starting point and most important. Exercise is helpful. Dicipline is everything.
Im out of house for the most of the day, and yup , im at home during nights. Regarding food - Fifty-fifty.

I see where you coming at. You are on some specific one ? Or just trying to eat healthy ?
Im thinking about trying to do some calisthenics and workouts with my body weight to not harm my knees with running or jumping.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Avoid processed foods and meal prep/bring your own meals to work as much as you can. You can eat meat and still be healthy but I have found for me that it's a lot easier to eat well when I eat mostly vegetarian. I've been on daily smoothies for the better part of a year now, it's a bit of a hassle in the morning but I just wake up early and make the time. Took a few weeks to dial it in but now my smoothie keeps me full through almost the whole workday.

As far as working out, I've cut my routine down a lot to make room for my physical therapy regimen, ~20 mins of various calisthenics, but just getting the body moving every day makes a big difference in how well I feel overall, and helps me wake up. Also go for walks if you don't already walk a lot at work.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
How it worked for me: gym 3x week with 30m intervallic training at the end of every session. Eat better - protein, more fruit and veg, waaay less bread. Doesnt mean I didnt eat pizza or burgers or have a beer (I was 20) but 95% of my diet was a smart decision. I ended up going to the gym 5x/wk eventually and lost 60lb and went from a 44? Waist down to a 36 who could wear a 34. XL shirt to mediums.

I didnt count calories, I just made a routine at the gym that built some muscle while burning some fat (plan built by college gym trainer) and stuck with it.

The hard part is sticking with it.

Good luck!

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im out of house for the most of the day, and yup , im at home during nights. Regarding food - Fifty-fifty.

I see where you coming at. You are on some specific one ? Or just trying to eat healthy ?
Im thinking about trying to do some calisthenics and workouts with my body weight to not harm my knees with running or jumping.
Nothing super specific, but when I was losing weight I was counting calories like @jaxadam said. It shocked me originally how much i was really eating. Now I eat rice/chicken/veggies for lunch everyday and a home cooked meal for dinner. Something on the healthier side. But to lose weight, for sure put in the work and weigh the food and count the calories.

Body weight is great! I was doing a lot of pushups, pullups, situps, and air squats for a while. Now I do pushups in the morning just to get my heart rate up.

I also cut breakfast out of my diet completely. I eat dinner at night, and only have water until lunch. I'm not trying to fast, I just feel better not eating breakfast, and it makes it easier to reduce calories when you eat twice instead of three times.

Good luck and work hard and you can do it!

Jotun@

RooR
Reaction score
Track food, be consistent with tracking and hit enough protein each day. Use a scale. Can’t weigh it, don’t eat it. Avoid prepackaged foods as much as possible. The fda allows for a margin of error of up to 20% on nutritional facts. Avoid alcohol.
Water.
Walk, every day.
Get quality sleep.

After that, do whatever exercise that you are most likely to stick to. If it’s running, run. Love mma, do that. It’s about consistency over long periods of time.

I personally prefer weights and cycling, so I tend to do that primarily.
Make sure that you are doing it appropriately and progressing and phasing the exercises periodically to continue to see improvements. If you are short on time, prioritize the big compound movements like squats, hinges, rows and presses. These will do the most with the least amount of time spent.

If you are super deconditioned, regress the exercises to something that is doable but challenging at the end of the set. I really like suspension trainers for calisthenics programs because they can allow you to regress or progress by just messing with angles.

Don’t trust the calorie trackers on machines or wearables. They are very inaccurate.

Good luck!

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score

mpexus

Reaction score
Most of what makes you gain Weigh is what you eat. You can exercise 7 days a week for real and I mean for real but if you keep just eating shit you wont see major results. Dont starve yourself without knowing what you are doing or else you will loose Muscle giving you the Illusion of loosing Weight .. you will become what is knows as Skinny fat... there's no Skinny fat. You just lost a fuck ton of muscle but your Fat is still there.

Getting rid of Fat takes time and there are no Miracle Solutions. You took a long time accumulating that fat so getting rid of it will take long as well.

With a proper diet based on Protein instead of a heavy carbs one and even a simple 30-45 min a day on the Treadmill with elevation and semi fast pacing will do wonders. You will start noticing it after 2-3 weeks. Add some Weight training and you will notice even faster.

Try to burn 250-300 calories a day on exercise and then remove another 250-300 calories on your daily Diet. To loose Weight you need to waste more calories than the ones you are eating. So a 500-600 calories Deficit on daily basis is a nice way to loose about 1 Kilo a week.

Kubs

Mexicutioner
Reaction score
Ill take all your guys advices and try to experiment on myself what works the best.
i feel like all of you are right haha.
Ill post my plan soon. And ill share how its going too !
Thank you all for support and help. Thats priceless for me.
<3

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What helped me stay healthy, also after some serious health issues was eating healthy, walking as much as I can and regular, but small exercices. To be more specific:

Eating: Just find a balance. Less shit (you know what shitty food is for you, everybody knows by feeling or after you ate a meal), more nutrition, but most of all: Balance. If you need to eat meat, just eat the good stuff and think about how often. Greens are your friend. Nuts as well (ha!). Wheat sucks (which sucks). Know when to stop eating. Trash in, trash out.

Walking: Long walks help with everything, mental health, staying healthy/fit and loosing weight. If you can't afford a gym or a fancy trainer (I can't), you can walk. If it's in nature even better.

Exercices: Small but regular is better then 1,5h work out to full exhaustion once every ten days. Just get a 15€ fitness mat and find something you can do every morning or every night and slowly built up. There are amazing exercices for your back, for the "inner", deep muscles you can do every day and just do more and more reps as you progress.

And finally: If you find a sport you enjoy, and at one point feel confident enough in your body, just do it. Skating actually saved me from a deep depression and after suffering a stroke. So yeah. Find something thats fun for you and your body (apart from playing guitar) and just try and do it. Find people to do it with. It's a blast, whatever it is.

Have fun!

Kubs

Mexicutioner
Reaction score
And finally: If you find a sport you enjoy, and at one point feel confident enough in your body, just do it. Skating actually saved me from a deep depression and after suffering a stroke. So yeah. Find something thats fun for you and your body (apart from playing guitar) and just try and do it. Find people to do it with. It's a blast, whatever it is.

Have fun!
Will have to Dust off my old basket Ball haha, good that summer is coming , i hope ill have some time during weekends to do it as i used to in middle school!

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
MŻRD diet always works!
Mniej Żryj, Rusz Dupę! ;)
W zeszłym roku spadło 15kg pilnując jedynie co jem, kiedy i ile.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I'll preface this with the usual "as a guy who has done it" bit - I went from 315lbs / size 44-ish down to 150lbs / size 32, and did it pretty quickly.

Don't over-obsess about calories and tracking. That's the fast-track to an eating disorder. A lot of the advice is good advice, but it's very easy to take it too far. If you over do it and stay in too much of a nutritional / caloric deficit for too long, you'll end up causing all new health problems instead.

I think it's better to focus on what you eat more so than how much. If you're hungry: eat. Just choose something that benefits you instead of just sates a craving. You likely know what the offenders in your own diet are, so find them and replace them with better options. Go nuts on fruit and veg if you want, if that keeps you from eating junk food instead. Go nuts on tea and coffee if it stops you from pounding sodas and beer. Water is your friend, become one of those obnoxious hydro-homies or something. Maybe you're one of the bajillions of people who really like peanut butter - you can get the unsweetened stuff that's just plain ground up peanuts instead of being peanut flavoured icing. You get the idea. In my case, I used to eat far too much pasta, too much pizza, too much fast food, and I drank coke like it was going out of style. Chopping those out of the regular daily diet makes a huge difference.

That being said, you'd be surprised how much you can still eat while once you've reached a sort of equilibrium. I seem to have hit a sort of point of balance where I hover within the same 10lbs-ish range unless I change what I eat significantly. Snack a ton one day, less another day, go to a party and eat some pizza, go to a work party and have some beer - as long as I'm not eating junk or stuffing myself with regularity, my weight will pretty much always just hover in the same area - in a sort of regress-to-the-mean kind of way I guess. It's not the day-to-day that matters, it's the pattern. It's not a temporary thing, or a micro-managing thing, it's about the lifestyle pattern.

And as far as exercise goes - I've always been pretty adamant that you don't really need to do anything crazy. Anything more than nothing is an improvement. When I was above 300lbs, just walking down the street to the store took a stupid amount of effort - but I recognized that it was doable, because it was low impact, so I did it more often. I'd walk each day until I'd sweat a little, which at the time was only maybe 15-20 minutes. Now I can walk for hours without it bothering me. Eventually upgrading to a bike, just because bikes are fun. And in the winter I'm still pretty lazy, but just go for a simple walk each day. I mean, you're not going to look like someone who hits the gym every day from just walking around, but if all you care about it weight, and being a little more healthy than you would be while sedentary, then that's good enough.

I remember one day walking home from a bus stop, all sweaty, thinking "man, could you imagine the difference if I had to do this everyday?" and eventually it clicked that I could just do that every day, so I did. I still, about 5-6 years later, get outside and walk around for 40 minutes to an hour every day, usually more in the summer. It's good to be moving, but also good for the head to step back from the day for a bit.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
get rid of all spice
I have trouble believing that spices are contributing in a meaningful way when talking weight loss.

Lest you have to live with:
there will be no pleasure from eating
Which I just could not do.

I can say, as a person who fell into disordered eating, that the way you describe this sounds like an unhealthy relationship with food. You're allowed to have spices, and you're allowed to let your caloric intake fluctuate. Neither of those things will sabotage your health on it's own.