Weirdo Rig

• Thread starter Chris Bowsman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I'm the happiest I've ever been with the tone I have right now. Check out this chain:

Ibanez RG 7 string, Imperium bridge, PAF7 neck
Line 6 POD XT Live (tweaked Treadplate preset, Pantera with mids and less treble)
1973 non-MV Fender Super Reverb

Yes, brutal metal tone coming from a silverface Fender with four 10" speakers. Obviously, the cleans are awesome, too :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I think I'm the happiest I've ever been with the tone I have right now. Check out this chain:

Line 6 POD XT Live (tweaked Treadplate preset, Pantera with mids and less treble)

Yes, brutal metal tone coming from a silverface Fender with four 10" speakers. Obviously, the cleans are awesome, too :)
Hell Yeah!

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score

Nice! I was using a modded POD X3 Live into a Fender Stage 112SE with a Mesa Boogie Black Shadow, sweet tones, easy rig.

Catalyst Collide

Reaction score
Fender amps are underrated as metal amps. You get classic fender clean and with the right pedal or rack unit in front of it can sound absolutely crushing. Lots of headroom to do cool stuff with effects. Speaker dependent of course, and depending on the tone your going for your milage may vary, but I love me a fender twin.

Latest posts