Went to thrash and burn... (GEAR REPORT)

• Thread starter SlevenSlinger13
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
So has Spencer's live vocals gotten better since he's joined the band? Those youtube live videos with his voice not going high enough kinda scare me :S

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Eh Spencer's vox have gotten better! Now I'm super stoked, but if this is the whole set, no Letter Experiment?:scream:

Reaction score
That was the whole set I was really sad they didn't play The Walk or Totla Mad but I still can't believe they played Zyglrox :) I talked to Misha before the set and was like "Please tell me you're playing Zyglrox?" and he said "It's a surprise" and they opened the set with it afterwards he was like "The surprise was better wasn't it?" They were seriously down to earth dudes and despite how hot it was Misha took the time to answer all my questions about gear and let me hold his Bernie Rico Jr which was AWESOME btw. Those YouTube videos don't do Spencer justice at all he was much better in person so don't judge him based of the videos my suggestion is go see them live you'll be pleasantly surprised I think he's better than Chris was

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
So has Spencer's live vocals gotten better since he's joined the band? Those youtube live videos with his voice not going high enough kinda scare me :S

Sound problems really fucked things up for him,
but at the right moments, he was fucking unbelievable man...

Reaction score
adding onto my previous message the sound dude at Nashville's Thrash And Burn should be shot because he didn't know what the hell he was doing half the time I could barely hear the guitars I could hear it enough to know it was awesome though!

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I was under the impression that periphery was switching to the mackie HD1531's?!

At least someone on here said that. They also said that Bulb got a mackie endorsement.

Never trust what you hear on SSO i guess. haha.

It's true, they just don't have them yet:

After testing the Axefx/Mackie rig, all three of us in Periphery are going that route, they are backordered at the moment, but we should be getting them at the very latest by the end of August (hopefully) and we will report!

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
Only a 4 song set? That sucks. I really wanted to go, but I don't wanna have to sit through deathcore-band-I-don't-like through deathcore-band-I-don't-like to see Impending Doom and Periphery (Who I'd really be going to see) playing 4 songs.

Joh

phantom of the net
Reaction score
A buddy of mine and myself traveled to Lubbock on Saturday for Thrash and Burn. Unfortunately, we got there shortly after Periphery's set ended. =[ They were the main band I went for... but the day went well once we made our way to there merch table and chatted with Alex, Tom and Misha for the remainder of the show. Real nice dudes. Then the highlight of the day for me, Misha agreed to show us his guitars and went as far as letting us hold his Bernie Rico's. If only I had took a camera... We left right after BOO played, and as expected, they were hella sick.

Overall, the day was a win.

msalazar

Oso
Reaction score
I saw BOO at the lubbock date too. I think they may have been using axe-fx through powerballs. The guys came into my work to pick up some power conditioners and rack ears for their wireless systems. Real nice guys, they put me on the guest list and i made it in time to watch them, then left.