Wes Hauch Seymour Duncan Jupiter 7s Now Available in White From THE AXE PALACE

• Thread starter zimbloth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey guys. Some of you know that my shop, The Axe Palace, has been one of the most enthusiastic supporters of Wes' fantastic Jupiter 6 and 7-string pickup over the past couple years. We've carved a bit of a niche for ourselves selling a boat-load of the black ones, and now I'm excited that they are available in a sleek white finish!

The purpose of this post is to not only offer them up for sale and also answer any questions you may have about the pickups, such as which types of guitars they work best in, tech details, suggestions on pots, etc. These are the most articulate high-output pickups Seymour Duncan (or just anyone) make. They sound amazing and are surprisingly versatile. I have a set in one of my main players and I love it.

These currently are available only as a 7-string from the Custom Shop, but we have the black ones available in both 6 and 7-string.

All below are IN STOCK:

7-String Bridge - White

7-String Neck - White

7-String Bridge - Black

7-String Neck - Black

6-String Full Set - Black

For those looking for sets of the 7-string, send me a PM and I can get you a discounted rate.

SD Jupiter 7 Bridge White.jpg

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Will these imbue me with Wes's magic playing touch and abilities? :) What would you compare these pickups to? I've been curious about them.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Will these imbue me with Wes's magic playing touch and abilities? :) What would you compare these pickups to? I've been curious about them.

I’m afraid not. Although I believe Wes offers Skype lessons ;)

Not to provide a cop out, but the Jupiter doesn’t really sound like anything else. The best way I could describe it is they somehow managed to be ultra tight/precise on the bottom end while also having a sweet, harmonically rich top end. The pickups have a lot of bite and growl, and are bright but not too bright.

I would say the note clarity and fast response rivals any Bare Knuckle, but it’s soul is pure Duncan still. It also coil splits awesome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gorespe

Chopstix
Reaction score
I have eyed these since their release. Really slick to see them being offered with white bobbins. I've got an old 99' LTD H207 in trans aqua that could use some love as I've been upgrading and bringing life into it.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I'm stoked to try these in a bunch of different guitars. I have the bridge one sitting here, neck version on the way. First install is going to be in an RGD3127

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have eyed these since their release. Really slick to see them being offered with white bobbins. I've got an old 99' LTD H207 in trans aqua that could use some love as I've been upgrading and bringing life into it.

They could definitely make that thing come to life with its power and clarity. Give some a try! Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
I'm stoked to try these in a bunch of different guitars. I have the bridge one sitting here, neck version on the way. First install is going to be in an RGD3127
Enjoy!

yuki

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m afraid not. Although I believe Wes offers Skype lessons ;)

Not to provide a cop out, but the Jupiter doesn’t really sound like anything else. The best way I could describe it is they somehow managed to be ultra tight/precise on the bottom end while also having a sweet, harmonically rich top end. The pickups have a lot of bite and growl, and are bright but not too bright.

I would say the note clarity and fast response rivals any Bare Knuckle, but it’s soul is pure Duncan still. It also coil splits awesome.
Sry for posting on a slightly old thread

How would you compare the Jupiter set to the BKP Blackhawk set (either ceramic or alnico), specifically the 7 string versions of each? Trying to choose between the two to put into an RG2027XL.

I have an alnico Blackhawk set in a 6 string with 25.5” maple neck, pau ferro fretboard, chambered roasted ash body, and it sounds effortlessly tight. On the SD side I have extensive experience with the Sentient/Nazgul set and Black Winters for 7 strings, but only on standard 25.5” scales. For aggressive stuff I actually find the Nazgul bridge more articulate because of the extra high end and would probably pick them (but only by a hair) if I had to choose one of the 2

Last edited:

SubsonicDoom99

Reaction score
Sry for posting on a slightly old thread

How would you compare the Jupiter set to the BKP Blackhawk set (either ceramic or alnico), specifically the 7 string versions of each? Trying to choose between the two to put into an RG2027XL.

I have an alnico Blackhawk set in a 6 string with 25.5” maple neck, pau ferro fretboard, chambered roasted ash body, and it sounds effortlessly tight. On the SD side I have extensive experience with the Sentient/Nazgul set and Black Winters for 7 strings, but only on standard 25.5” scales. For aggressive stuff I actually find the Nazgul bridge more articulate because of the extra high end and would probably pick them (but only by a hair) if I had to choose one of the 2
The Jupiter has that high end articulation like what you're describing from the Nazgul but with a much tighter bottom end and overall response, in my experience at least. My only experience with the Blackhawk 7 was the ceramic bridge version which was very tight and sounded good in the guitar it was in because it tended to be a bit dark-sounding and the Blackhawk worked well with that. I have no experience with the A5 version of the pickup however so I can't speak about that.
The Jupiter 7 is currently one of my favorite seven string pickups, I've got a set in an Iron Label Iceman 7 and it just slays. So I can definitely recommend those as well.

yuki

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Jupiter 7 is currently one of my favorite seven string pickups, I've got a set in an Iron Label Iceman 7 and it just slays. So I can definitely recommend those as well.
I think I’ve been convinced. I only hear good things about the Jupiter, and I’d like to try something new. I can always switch them out afterwards if they don’t work out. Now I just need to get my hands on a set in black - as cool as the white ones from the Axe Palace look, I don’t think they’ll really match my guitar …